How to insert a printable background image in Excel?
When we insert a background with clicking Background button under Page Layout tab in Excel, the background is not printable, and you cannot view the background in print preview. Is it possible to print a background image in Excel? Yes, there is a special method to insert a printable background image in Excel.
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
To do it, follow these steps:
Step 1: Click the Insert > Shapes, and select a rectangles shape, see the following screenshot:
Step 2: Draw a shape in active worksheet.
Step 3: Drawing Tools is active now, please click the Shape Fill button and fill the shape with white.
Step 4: Click the Shape Outline button, and replace the outline color with white.
Step 5: Then right click the shape, and select the Format Shape item from the context menu.
Step 6: Click the Fill button at left bar, see the following screen shot:
- Select the Picture or texture fill option;
- Click the File button to specify a image to fill this shape;
- Check the Tile picture as texture option;
- Change the Transparency to 75%.
Step 7: Click the Properties button at left bar, and
- Check the Move and size with cells option in Object positioning section;
- Check the Print Object option.
Step 8: Click Close button. Then the shape filled with pictures looks like a background image. What's more, it can be printed out when you print the active worksheet. See the following screenshot:
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...