How to insert a printable background image in Excel?
When we insert a background with clicking Background button under Page Layout tab in Excel, the background is not printable, and you cannot view the background in print preview. Is it possible to print a background image in Excel? Yes, there is a special method to insert a printable background image in Excel.
Insert pictures based on cell values in a column:
With Kutools for Excel’s Match Import Pictures utility, you can insert matching images based on the cell values quickly and easily.
To finish this job, please do with the following steps one by one:
1. Click the Insert > Shapes, and select a rectangles shape, see the following screenshot:
2. Draw a shape as large as you need in active worksheet.
3. The Drawing Tools is active now, please click the Shape Fill button and fill the shape with white.
4. Click the Shape Outline button, and replace the outline color with white as well as following screenshot shown.
5. Then right click the shape, and select the Format Shape item from the context menu.
6. In the Format Picture dialog box in Excel 2010 or Format Picture pane in Excel 2013, please do the following operations:
| In Excel 2010: |
(1.) Click Fill option from the left pane;
(2.) Select the Picture or texture fill option;
(3.) Click the File button to specify a image to fill this shape;
(4.) Check the Tile picture as texture option;
(5.) Change the Transparency to 75% as you need to
make the background image like watermark.
|In Excel 2013: |
(1.) Click Fill & Line button;
(2.) Under the Fill section:
Select the Picture or texture fill option;
Click the File button to specify a image to fill this shape;
Check the Tile picture as texture option;
Change the Transparency to 75% as you need to make
the background image like watermark.
7. In the same dialog, then do the following operations:
|In Excel 2010: |
(1.) Click Properties option at left bar;
(2.) Select the Move and size with cells option in Object
(3.) Check the Print Object option.
|In Excel 2013: |
(1.) Click Size & Properties button;
(2.) Under the Properties section:
Select the Move and size with cells option;
Check the Print Object option.
8. Click Close button. Then the shape filled with pictures looks like a background image. What's more, it can be printed out when you print the active worksheet. See the following screenshot:
Note: After inserting this background picture, you will not be allowed enter any text within the picture range.
Sometimes, you may need to insert multiple pictures into worksheet, normally, you just can insert only one picture into the worksheet once time, this may be time-consuming if there are lots of pictures need to be inserted. But, with the Import Pictures utility of Kutools for Excel, you can deal with this task quickly and easily.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Get it Now .|
After installing kutools for Excel, please do as follows:( Free Download Kutools for Excel Now! )
1. Click Enterprise > Import / Export > Import Pictures, see screenshot:
2. In the Import Pictures dialog box, click Add button to select from File or Folder to add the images into the list box, see screenshot:
3. Then click Import size to go to the Import Picture Size dialog to set the size for the imported pictures, see screenshot:
4. And then click Ok > Import, and select a cell where you want to insert the pictures in the popped out prompt box, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK button, and the selected images have been inserted into the cells, see screenshot:
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...