How to hide page breaks in Excel 2007/2010?
When you use page breaks to adjust the print area of a worksheet, it will shows the page breaks as black dotted lines in your worksheet when you return to the Normal view. That may be annoying. This article focus on how to hide the page breaks from your worksheet quickly after you return to the Normal view.
- Hide page breaks with reopening Excel workbooks
- Hide page breaks with Kutools for Excel
- Uncheck the Show Page Breaks Option in Excel
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10. Read more...
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Classic Menus and Toolbars of Office 2003/XP/2000 Back to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013. Read more...
The Page Breaks will be hidden automatically from workbooks when we reopen them. However, it seems quite annoying to reopen workbooks repeatedly for hiding Page Breaks..
Hide page breaks with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel provides Toggle Settings tool, which will help us show or hide Microsoft Excel settings. If you have this add-in, you can hide Page Breaks easily.
- Click the Toggle Settings button under Kutools tab;
- Uncheck the Page Breaks option;
- Click the Close button to save settings.
Fig. 1 : Toggle Settings of Kutools for Excel
The Toggle Settings makes it possible to show or hide most of Microsoft Excel settings quickly, such as Inner Tabs, Formula Bar, Status Bar, Windows in Taskbar, Gridlines, Page Breaks, Display Zeros, Vertical Scrollbar, Horizontal Scrollbar, Sheet Tab, … etc. It will save your time in looking for these setting when you need to show or hide them.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 120 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Get it Now.
You can also hide the page breaks from Excel workbooks with unchecking the Show Page Breaks option in Microsoft Excel Options dialog box.
- Step 1: Click the File tab in Excel 2010 Ribbon;
- Step 2: click the Options button at left bar;
- Step 3: now you get into the Excel Options dialog box, and click the Advanced category at left side;
- Step 4: Scroll down to the Display options for this worksheet section. See screenshot (Fig. 2) ;
- Step 5: uncheck the Show page breaks option;
- Step 6: click the OK button to save the settings.
After applying such setting in your Excel, when you return to Normal view, it won’t display Page Brakes anymore.
Note: if you are using Microsoft Excel 2007, you can get into the Excel Option dialog box with clicking the Office button firstly, and then clicking the Excel options button at the bottom.
Fig. 2 : Show Page Breaks option in Options dialog box