How to show formulas in cells in Excel?
Sometime we may need to show formulas in cells instead of their calculated results. Here we will provide you with two methods to display formulas in cells.
- Show formulas in cells by setting Excel options
- Show formulas in cells with Kutools for Excel quickly
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
By default, it will display the formulas’ calculated results in Microsoft Excel cells. We can only view formulas in the Formulas Bars when we select specific cell. It is not easy to view all formulas in the whole worksheet. Actually, we can modify the viewing setting in Excel Options dialog box, and show all formulas in cells:
- Click the File tab in Excel 2010/2013, Office Button in Excel 2007;
- Click the Option button at left bar;
- Now you get into the Excel Option dialog box, and select the Advanced category at left side;
- Scroll down to the Display options for this worksheet section;
- Check the Show formulas in cells instead of their calculated results option;
- Click OK button to save the settings. See screenshot (Fig. 1).
If you are using Microsoft Excel 2007, you can get into the Excel Option dialog box with clicking the Office Button at upper-left corner and Excel Options button.
Then it will show formulas in cells instead of their calculated results.
Kutools for Excel will help us easily toggle between viewing formulas’ calculated results in cells and displaying formulas in cells with View Options tool.
Please apply the utility by clicking Kutools > Show / Hide > View Options. See screenshot:
Step 1. Click Kutools > Show / Hide > View Options, a dialog will be displayed in the screen.
Step 2. Check Formulas in the View Options dialog, and click Ok, see screenshot:
You will see the formula in the cells as shown as bellow:
The View Options tool of Kutools for Excel makes it possible to show or hide most of Microsoft Excel settings quickly, such as Inner Tabs, Formula Bar, Status Bar, Windows in Taskbar, Gridlines, Page breaks, Zeros Values, Vertical scroll bar, Horizontal scroll bar, Sheet tabs, … etc. It will save your time in looking for these setting when you need to show or hide them.More information about View Options...
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...