How to reverse signs of values in cells in Excel?
When we use excel, there are positive numbers and negative numbers in a worksheet. Supposing we need to change the positive numbers to negative and vice versa. Of course, we can change them manually, but if there are hundreds of numbers need to be changed, this method is not a good choice. Are there any quick tricks to solve this problem?
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
We can reverse the sign of values in cells with the Paste Special function in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Tap number -1 in a blank cell and copy it.
2. Select the range that you want to reverse the sign of values, right-click and choose Paste Special. See screenshot:
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, click All options from Paste and Multiply option from Operation. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, and all of the signs of the numbers in the range have been reversed.
5. Delete the number -1.
Also, we can use a VBA code to reverse the sign of values in cells. But we must know how to get the VBA to do the thing. We can do it as the following steps:
1. Select the range you want to reverse the sign of values in cells.
2. Click Developer > Visual Basic in Excel, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applicationswindow will be displayed, or using the shortcut key (Alt+F11) to active it. Then click Insert > Module, and input the following VBA code:
Dim C As Range
For Each C In Selection
C.Value = -C.Value
3. Then click button to run the code.
We can reverse the sign of values quickly with Change Sign of Values feature of Kutools for Excel.
After installing Kutools for Excel, we can quickly reverse the sign of values quickly as follows.
1. Select the range that you want to reverse the signs of the numbers.
2. Click Kutools > Content Converter > Change Sign of Values…, see screenshot:
3. In the Change Sign of Values dialog box, check the Reverse the sign of all values, see screenshot:
4. And then click OK or Apply. All of the signs of the numbers have been reversed.
The Change Sign of Values of Kutools for Excel can also fix trailing negative signs, change all negative values to positive and change all positive values to negative. For more detailed information about Change Sign of Values, please visit Change Sign of Values feature description.
- Change negative numbers to positive
- Change positive numbers to negative
- Fix trailing negative signs in cells
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...