How to display or hide sheet tabs in Microsoft Excel?
By default, Microsoft Excel shows sheet tabs at the bottom of the worksheet, which is functioning for navigating between worksheets quickly. Sometimes, the Sheet tabs may disappear by accident in Excel; in contrast, you may want to hide it for some reasons. There are some useful tips to quickly display or hide sheet tabs in Microsoft Excel.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Back Old Look to Office 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
Office Tab: Bring Tabbed Editing and Browsing Features to Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 8/9/10.
|With sheet tabs|
|Without sheet tabs|
We can display or hide sheet tabs with checking or unchecking the Show sheet tabs option in Excel Options dialog box.
- Step 1: Click the File tab in Excel 2010/2013, or click the button in Excel 2007;
- Step 2: Click the Options button;
- Step 3: In the Excel Options dialog box, go to the Advanced category;
- Step 4: Scroll down to the Display options for this workbook section;
- Step 5: Check or uncheck the Show sheet tabs option according to your needs. See screenshot:
- Step 6: Click OK. All of the worksheet tabs will be displayed or hidden.
The following two simple VBA codes also can help you to hide or show the sheet tabs.
1. Click Developer > Visual Basic, and a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will display, click Insert > Module, and then input the following codes in the module.
VBA code to hide sheet tabs:
ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = False
VBA code to show sheet tabs:
ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = True
2. Then click button to run the code. You will get the result that you want.
Kutools for Excels View Options tool will ease your work, and makes it convenient for you to display or hide sheet tabs quickly.
Step 1: Click Kutools > Show / Hide > View Options. See screenshot:
Step 2: In the View Options dialog box, check or uncheck the Sheet Tabs option to show or hide sheet tabs in Microsoft Excel window.
The View Options of Kutools for Excel makes it possible to show or hide most of Microsoft Excel settings quickly, such as Inner Tabs, Formula Bar, Status Bar, Windows in Taskbar, Gridlines, Page Breaks, Display Zeros, Vertical Scrollbar, Horizontal Scrollbar, Sheet Tab, … etc. It will save your time in looking for these setting when you need to show or hide them. Click to know more…
- Show or hide formula bar
- Display or hide row & column headers
- Display Selection Pane
- Display or hide status bar
- Show or hide Horizontal/Vertical scroll bar
- Show or hide gridlines
- Hide page breaks
- Display or hide zero values in cells of Microsoft Excel