How to change positive numbers to negative in Excel?
How can you quickly change all positive numbers or values to negative in Excel? The following methods can guide you to quickly change all positive numbers to negative in Excel.
Classic Menu for Office: brings back classic menus to Office 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
Office Tab: brings tabbed interface to Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
You can change positive numbers to negative with Paste Special function in Excel. please do as follows.
1. Tap number -1 in a blank cell and copy it.
2. Highlight the range that you want to change, then right-click and choose Paste Special from the context menu to open the Paste Special dialog box. See screenshot:
3. Then select All option from the Paste, and Multiply from the Operation.
4. And then click OK, all of the positive numbers have been changed to negative numbers.
5. Delete the number -1.
Using VBA code, you can also change positive numbers to negative, but you must know how to use a VBA. Please do as the following steps:
1. Select the range that you want to change.
2. Click Developer >Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Moduleand then copy and paste the following codes in the module:
Sub ChangeToNegative() 'Updateby20131113 Dim rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) Set WorkRng = WorkRng.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlNumbers) For Each rng In WorkRng xValue = rng.Value If xValue > 0 Then rng.Value = xValue * -1 End If Next End Sub
3. Click button to run the code, a dialog is popped out for you to select a range that you want to convert the posotive values to negative. See screenshot:
4. Click Ok, then the positive values in the selected range is converted to negative.
You can also use Kutools for Excel’s Change Sign of Values tool to quickly change all positive numbers to negative.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, you can change positive numbers to negative as follows:
1. Select the range you want to change.
2. Click Kutools > Content Converter > Change Sign of Values, see screenshot:
3. And in the Change sign of values dialog box, select Change all positive values to negative option.
4. Then click OK or Apply. And all of the positive numbers have been converted to negative numbers.
Kutools for Excel’s Change Sign of Values can also fix trailing negative signs, change all negative values to positive and so on. For more detailed information about Change Sign of Values, please visit Change Sign of Values feature description.