How to change positive numbers to negative in Excel?
How can you quickly change all positive numbers or values to negative in Excel? The following methods can guide you to quickly change all positive numbers to negative in Excel.
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
You can change positive numbers to negative with Paste Special function in Excel. please do as follows.
1. Tap number -1 in a blank cell and copy it.
2. Highlight the range that you want to change, then right-click and choose Paste Special from the context menu to open the Paste Special dialog box. See screenshot:
3. Then select All option from the Paste, and Multiply from the Operation.
4. And then click OK, all of the positive numbers have been changed to negative numbers.
5. Delete the number -1.
Using VBA code, you can also change positive numbers to negative, but you must know how to use a VBA. Please do as the following steps:
1. Select the range that you want to change.
2. Click Developer >Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Moduleand then copy and paste the following codes in the module:
Sub ChangeToNegative() 'Updateby20131113 Dim rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) Set WorkRng = WorkRng.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlNumbers) For Each rng In WorkRng xValue = rng.Value If xValue > 0 Then rng.Value = xValue * -1 End If Next End Sub
3. Click button to run the code, a dialog is popped out for you to select a range that you want to convert the posotive values to negative. See screenshot:
4. Click Ok, then the positive values in the selected range is converted to negative.
You can also use Kutools for Excel’s Change Sign of Values tool to quickly change all positive numbers to negative.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, you can change positive numbers to negative as follows:
1. Select the range you want to change.
2. Click Kutools > Content Converter > Change Sign of Values, see screenshot:
3. And in the Change sign of values dialog box, select Change all positive values to negative option.
4. Then click OK or Apply. And all of the positive numbers have been converted to negative numbers.
Kutools for Excel’s Change Sign of Values can also fix trailing negative signs, change all negative values to positive and so on. For more detailed information about Change Sign of Values, please visit Change Sign of Values feature description.
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...