How to quickly delete all autoshapes in Excel?
If you want to get rid of the auto shapes in Excel, you may look for an easy way to delete all shapes quickly rather than removing auto shape one by one. The following tricky method will help you delete all auto shapes with only one click.
- Delete all autoshapes in active worksheet with Go To function in Excel
- Delete all autoshapes in active worksheet with VBA
- Delete all autoshapes in worksheet or workbook with Kutools for Excel
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
If there are only one kind of objects—autoshapes in a worksheet, you can delete all autoshapes with Go To function.
1. Click F5 or Ctrl+G to display Go To dialog and click Special.., see screenshot:
2. Check Objects, and then click Ok, it will select all objects, see screenshot:
3. Then click Backspace button to remove all autoshapes.
Note: Objects contain autoshapes, pictures, clip arts and so on. Applying this method will remove other objects besides auto shapes if there are not only autoshapes object in the worksheet.
Using VBA macro can help you delete all auto shapes in active worksheet quickly.
Step 1: Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Step 2: Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module window.
VBA: delete all shapes in active worksheet.
Dim Shp As Shape
For Each Shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes
Step 3: Press the F5 key to run this macro.
Then you will see all shapes in active worksheet are deleted quickly.
1. This VBA macro can only delete all shapes in active worksheet.
2. This VBA macro can delete all kinds of shapes in active worksheet, including pictures, ClipArt, Shapes, SmartArt, charts, Text boxes, etc.
If you only want to remove the auto shapes from the worksheet, Kutools for Excel's Delete Illustrations & Object can help you delete specific shapes in active worksheet, selected worksheets or the whole workbook with only one click.
Step 1: Click the Kutools > Delete Illustrations & Object.
Step 2: In Delete Tools dialog box, please check Auto shapes option, and check one of option in look in section. See the following screen shot:
- If you check the Active sheet option, it will delete all auto shapes in active worksheet;
- If you check the Selected sheets option, it will delete all auto shapes in selected worksheets;
- If you check the All sheets option, it will delete all auto shapes in the whole workbook.
Step 3: Click OK, it will remove all auto shapes.
Kutools for Excel's Delete Tools can help us delete all charts, lines, pictures, auto shapes, smart arts, text boxes, linked OLE objects and embedded OLE objects in active worksheet, selected worksheet or all worksheets of the current workbook. Click to know more…
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...