How to subtract a number from a range of cells in excel?
If you want to subtract a number such as 99 from a range of cells in Excel, how can you quickly subtract the number and get the calculated results?
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
With this method, you can do as the following steps:
1. Insert the number 99 into a blank cell and copy it.
2. Highlight the range that you would like to subtract the number from, and right-click to choose Paste Special from the menu.
3.In the Paste Special dialog box, select All from Paste, and Subtract from Operation. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK. The specified number 99 has been subtracted from the range of cells. And then delete the number 99.
Here a simple formula also can help you. Take the above data for example:
1. In cell C1, input the formula: =A1-99. (99 is a variable, it can be replaced by other numbers)
2. And then tap the Enter key. Select the cell C1, in the lower right-hand corner, you can see a little square, click and drag it down to C10, and the formula will auto fill the range. See screenshot:
3. As they are formulas, when you copy them to other cells, please paste as values.
With Kutools for Excel, you can not only apply the add, subtract, multiply, divide operation, but also can apply some complex calculation, such as rounding, exponentiation, custom expression or function operation.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1．Select the range you want to subtract a number.
2．Click Kutools > More > Operation Tools，see screenshot:
3. In the Operation Tools dialog box, select Subtraction from Operation, and input the number 99 in the Operand box. And you can see the results from the Preview Pane, see screenshot:
4. Click OK or Apply, and the range of cells will be subtracted by the number 99.
Note: If you want to create formulas as well, you can check Create formulas option. If the selected cells include formulas, and you don’t want to subtract the calculated results of formulas, please check Skip formula cells option.
- Change values in a cell range
- Add values to multiple cells
- Do exponential calculation to a range of cells
- Multiply a range cells by a number
- Round a range of cells
- Divide a range of cells by a number
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...