How to quickly select non-adjacent cells or ranges in Excel?
Sometimes you may need to format or delete some non-adjacent cells or ranges, and work will be easier if you can select these non-adjacent cells or ranges together firstly. And this article is going to brings you some tricky ways to select non-adjacent cells or ranges quickly.
You may have noticed Microsoft Excel does not support copy multiple inconsecutive cells (staying in different columns) at the same time. But copying these cells/selections one by one waste of much time and is tedious! Kutools for Excel’s Copy Ranges utility can help get it done easily as below screenshot shown:
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 (includes Office 365).
1. With Ctrl key
Just press and hold down the Ctrl key, and you can select multiple non-adjacent cells or ranges with mouse clicking or dragging in active worksheet.
2. With Shift + F8 keys
This does not require holding down keys during selection. Press the Shift + F8 keys firstly, and then you can easily select multiple non-adjacent cells or ranges in active worksheet.
The Microsoft Excel's Go to command can help you select non-adjacent cells or ranges quickly with following steps:
1. Click the Home > Find & Select > Go to (or press the F5 key).
2. In the Go To dialog box, enter the cell/range positions in the Reference box, and click lick the OK button.
And then all corresponding cells or ranges will be selected in the workbook. See screenshot:
Note: This method requires user to figure out the cells or ranges position before selecting them.
If you have Kutools for Excel, its Select Range Helper tool can help you select multiple non-adjacent cells or ranges in the whole workbook easily.
Kutools for Excel - Combines More Than 120 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
1. Click the Kutools > Select Tools > Select Range Helper….
2. In the Select Range Helper dialog box, check the Union Selection option, next select multiple ranges as you need in the whole workbook, and then click the Close button. See screenshot:
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...