How to remove rows based on cell value in Excel?
To quickly delete or remove multiple rows based on cell value in Excel, you may need to select those entire rows containing specific cell value first, and then go to remove them. It seems that there isn’t a quick way to delete rows based on cell value but using VBA code. Here are some quick tricks to help you.
Classic Menu for Office: brings back classic menus to Office 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
Office Tab: brings tabbed interface to Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
With the following VBA code, you can quickly delete the rows with certain cell value, please do as the following steps:
1. Select the range that you want to delete the specific row.
2. Click Developer>Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed (or you can press the shortcut key Alt + F11 to open the window), click Insert > Module, and input the following code into the Module:
VBA: Remove entire rows based on cell value
Sub DeleteRows() 'Updateby20140314 Dim rng As Range Dim InputRng As Range Dim DeleteRng As Range Dim DeleteStr As String xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set InputRng = Application.Selection Set InputRng = Application.InputBox("Range :", xTitleId, InputRng.Address, Type:=8) DeleteStr = Application.InputBox("Delete Text", xTitleId, Type:=2) For Each rng In InputRng If rng.Value = DeleteStr Then If DeleteRng Is Nothing Then Set DeleteRng = rng Else Set DeleteRng = Application.Union(DeleteRng, rng) End If End If Next DeleteRng.EntireRow.Delete End Sub
3. Then click button to run the code, and a dialog displays for you to select a range to work. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, and another dialog displays for you to select the value text you want to delete, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK, you can see the result:
But as for some Excel beginners, VBA code is difficult for them, here is an easy way to help them.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, Select Specific Cells function can help you quickly delete the rows with specific value. Please do as follows:
1. Highlight the range you want to use.
2. Click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
3. And then a Select Specific Cells dialog box will appear, check Entire row from Selection type, and choose Contains from Specific type dropdown list, enter the specified value in the box. See screenshot:
4. Click OK or Apply. And all of the rows with the specific value have been selected.
5. Then put the cursor at the selected row, right-click to choose Delete from the menu. See screenshot:
And the entire rows containing specific value will be removed. If you want to know more about this function, please visitSelect Specific Cells.
Kutools for Excel
More than 120 Advanced Functions for Excel 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.