How to convert birthdate to age quickly in Excel?
For instance, you get a range of various birthdate data in Excel, and you need to convert these birthdate to display their exact age value in Excel, how would you like to figure out? This article lists some tips to convert the birth date to age in Excel easily.
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
Method A: Convert birthdate to age with subtraction
Normally we figure out someone's age with current date subtracting the given birth date. So does it in Excel.
Step 1: Enter current date in a blank cell, such as 2012/6/18 in Cell B2.
Step 2: In another blank cell, enter the formula =(B2-A2)/365, and press the Enter key.
Then it shows the age in the cell. However, you may get a strange age such as 23.70411. But the following function will figure out a normal age:
Method B: Convert birthdate to age with DATEDIF function
Some would like to apply the DATEDIF function to calculate the age. Enter the formula =DATEDIF(A2,NOW(),"y") in a blank cell, it calculates the age immediately after pressing the Enter key.
Method C: Convert birthdate to age with ROUNDDOWN function
Another function to convert the birth date to age is =ROUNDDOWN(YEARFRAC(A2, TODAY(), 1), 0), which will figure out a standard age, such as 23.
Method D: Convert birthdate to exact age with DATEDIF function
Sometimes exact age is requires, and you may want to know how many years, months, and days from the birth date to current date. The following formula can help you figure out:
=DATEDIF(A13,TODAY(),"Y") & " Years, " & DATEDIF(A13,TODAY(),"YM") & " Months, " & DATEDIF(A13,TODAY(),"MD") & " Days"
See the screen shot above, this formula will show you precise result, such as 23 Years, 8 Months, and 14 Days.
If the above formulas are hard to remember, here we will introduce you the Calculate age based on birthday utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can easily convert birthdate to age without using formulas.
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select a blank cell for locating the age. Then click Kutools > Formulas > Calculate age based on birthday. See screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog box, select the cell with the birth date you need to calculate in Date box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. After clicking OK in the Formula Helper dialog box, the age based on the birth date is populated in selected blank cell immediately. See screenshot:
You can drag the Fill Handle to the cells you need to convert the birthdate to age.
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...