How to quickly insert multiple checkboxes in Excel?
How can we quickly insert multiple check boxes in Excel? Please follow these tricky methods in Excel:
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Back Old Look to Office 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
Office Tab: Bring Tabbed Editing and Browsing Features to Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 8/9/10.
In Excel, Fill Handle is a powerful function to do many things. It can fill the checkboxes as well. First, you must insert a checkbox. Do as follows:
1. Click Developer in the menu bar, then click Insert, and choose the checkbox image under Form Control. See screenshot:
2. Click the checkbox image, and you will see plus sign pointer, click where you want to add checkbox.
3. Select the text and remove it to a cell, and then delete the name of the checkbox.
4. Then select the cell where the checkbox stay in. And then drag the fill handle over the range of cells that you want to fill. See screenshot:
If you think the first method is somewhat troublesome, the following VBA code can help you easily and quickly insert multiple checkboxes.
1. Select the range that you want to add the checkboxes.
2. Click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Module, and input the following code into the Module:
On Error Resume Next
Dim c As Range, myRange As Range
Set myRange = Selection
For Each c In myRange.Cells
ActiveSheet.checkboxes.Add(c.Left, c.Top, c.Width, c.Height).Select
.LinkedCell = c.Address
.Characters.Text = ""
.Name = c.Address
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, _
Formula1:="=" & c.Address & "=TRUE"
.FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex = 6 'change for other color when ticked
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 'change for other color when ticked
.Font.ColorIndex = 2 'cell background color = White
3. Then click button to run the code.
4. And the multiple checkboxes have been inserted in the range neatly and beautifully. See screenshot: