How to insert drop down list in Excel?
How can we insert a drop down list in cells in Excel? You may need to take a few steps to insert the drop down list as following instructions in Excel.
Classic Menu for Office: brings back classic menus to Office 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
Office Tab: brings tabbed interface to Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
1. Create a list of data that you want to use in the drop down list.
2. Select a range cell that you insert the drop down list.
3. Click Data > Data Validation > Data Validation. See screenshot:
4. And a Data Validation dialog box will appear, then click Settings, and choose List from the Allow drop down list, then click button to select the list of names. See screenshot:
5. Then click OK. The drop down list has been inserted into the worksheet. And you can quickly enter the names you need from the drop down list.
Note: the drop-down arrow is visible only when the cell is active.