How to insert drop down list in Excel?
How can we insert a drop down list in cells in Excel? You may need to take a few steps to insert the drop down list as following instructions in Excel.
|Easily batch insert checkboxes or option buttons in selection in Excel|
|You can easily insert multiple checkboxes or option buttons in a selection in Excel as below screenshot shown.|
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
1. Create a list of data that you want to use in the drop down list.
2. Select a range cell that you insert the drop down list.
3. Click Data > Data Validation > Data Validation. See screenshot:
4. And a Data Validation dialog box will appear, then click Settings, and choose List from the Allow drop down list, then click button to select the list of names. See screenshot:
5. Then click OK. The drop down list has been inserted into the worksheet. And you can quickly enter the names you need from the drop down list.
Note: the drop-down arrow is visible only when the cell is active.
- How to quickly create dynamic drop down list in Excel?
- How to auto populate other cells when selecting values in Excel drop down list?
- How to autocomplete when typing in Excel drop down list?
- How to create drop down list with multiple selections or values in Excel?
- How to create a drop down list calendar in Excel?
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...