How to quickly hide cell contents in Excel?
When we operate a worksheet, sometimes there are some important data which you don’t want others to see. In this case, you may need to set some cell contents to be invisible. Please apply the following steps to hide cell contents in Excel.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Back Old Look to Office 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
Office Tab: Bring Tabbed Editing and Browsing Features to Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 8/9/10.
1. Select the range cells that you want to hide the cell values.
2. Then click Home > Format > Format Cells…, see screenshot:
3. And a Format Cells dialog box will display, click Number on the top ribbon, and then click Custom in the Category list, in the Type box, please enter “;;;” (three semicolons). See screenshot:
4. Then click OK. And the cell contents you selected have been hidden.
Notes: 1.The selected cells appear blank on the worksheet, but a value appears in the formula bar if you click one of the cells.
2. The hidden cell values can be removed when you select and delete them. And they are also can be changed.
If you want to display the hidden values, click General in the Category list to apply the default number format.