How to filter even or odd numbers in Excel?
Sometimes you may need to filter all even numbers from a column and hide all odd numbers, and vice versa. Here is an easy way to filter the even or odd numbers from a selected column easily.
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
|Normal numbers||Odd numbers||Even numbers|
You can follow these steps to filter all even numbers and hide all odd numbers in Column A.
Step 1: In a blank column, for example the Column C, enter the formula of =ISEVEN(A1) in Cell C2, and press the Enter key.
This formula will identify the number in Cell A1 is an even number or not. If the number in Cell A1 is even, it returns True, otherwise False.
Step 2: Select the Column C, and click the Home >> Fill >> Down to copy this formula to the entire Column C.
Now it fill Column C with formula, and display False and True, as following screen shot shows:
Step 3: Select the Column C, and click the Data >> Filter.
Step 4: Click the Arrow in Column C, uncheck (Select All) item, and check TURE in the filter box. See the following screen shot:
Step 5: Click OK.
Now it filters all even numbers in Column A as soon as possible.
- If you want to filter the odd numbers, you can check the FALSE item in Step 4.
- You can also apply the formula of =ISODD(A1) to identify the number in Column A are odd or not, and then filter them.
- The formula of =MOD(A1,2) is also available to determine the number in Cell A1 is even or not. If the number in Cell A1 is even, it returns 0, otherwise 1 for odd numbers.
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...