How to find address of cell with max or min value in Excel?
Sometimes you may want to find out and identify the cell address of the cell with the max value or min value in Excel. How do you deal with it? The following ways will guide to figure out the cell address with max or min value in Excel.
|Spell Out Numbers:|
|Kutools for Excel’s Spell Out Numbers utility can convert numbers to English and Chinese words in Excel. For example, it can spell out the "12.75" to "Twelve Dollars and Seventy five Cents". Read more about this feature...|
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
Supposing you have a lot of numbers in Column A, and now you need to find out the cell address of the max value or min value and insert the cell address into another cell as following screenshot shown:
The following formulas may help you to extract the cell address of the largest number or smallest number as you need. Please do as follows:
Type this formula: =CELL("address",INDEX(A2:A15,MATCH(MAX(A2:A15),A2:A15,0))) into a blank cell where you want to get the result, and then press Enter key, the cell address of the largest value has been extracted as follows:
1. To get the address of the cell with smallest value of this column, please apply this formula: =CELL("address",INDEX(A2:A15,MATCH(MIN(A2:A15),A2:A15,0))).
2. In above formula A2:A15 is the column cells that you want to use, you can change it to your need.
3. If you want to extract the address of the cell with max or min value in a row, you can apply the following formulas:
4. With above formulas, it will just return the first address of cell with largest or smallest value if there are duplicates.
Sometimes, you need to find and locate the smallest or largest value from the list, Kutools for Excel’s Select Cells with Max & Min Value feature can help you quickly select the max or min values from a range of cells or each row and column.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Get it Now .|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:( Free Download Kutools for Excel Now )
1. Select the list that you want to find and locate the largest or smallest values.
2. Then click Kutools > Select > Select Cells with Max & Min Value, see screenshot:
3. In the Select Cells with Max & Min Value dialog box:
(1.) Specify the type of cells to find (formulas, values, or both) from Look in drop down list;
(2.) And then select Minimum value or Maximum value you need from the Go to section;
(3.) In the Base section, choose Cell option to select all matching cells (you can also select the max or min values based on rows or columns);
(3.) Then choose First cell only may select the first cell of the largest or smallest value, and All cells will select all largest or smallest values in the range.
4. Then click Ok button, all the smallest values are selected and located at once. See screenshots:
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...