How to set up auto reply (out of office) in outlook?
This article will show you methods of setting up auto reply in Outlook.
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
Creating rules for auto replying in Outlook takes time of your daily work. If you are using Outlook 2010 or 2013, After installing Kutools for Outlook, the auto Reply utility of Kutools for Outlook will help you easily auto reply to the emails you received.
1. Open your Microsoft Outlook, then click Kutools > Reply > Auto Reply Manager.
2. In the Auto Reply Manager dialog box, check the email account you want to auto reply when receiving emails, modify the auto reply subject prefix and the auto reply content as you need, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Then enable this auto Reply utility by clicking Kutools > Reply > Enable Auto reply.
From now on, when the specified account receiving emails, Outlook will send auto reply emails to the senders automatically.
|If this utility is helpful, please download and try the free trial now!|
You can do as follows to creating a rule for setting up auto reply in Outlook.
1. Create a new message with subject and body you want to send as auto replying.
2. Click File (in Outlook 2007, click the Office button) > Save As.
3. In the Save As dialog box, select Outlook Template in the Save as type drop-down list, and then click the Save button.
4. Close the message directly. If you are using Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts.
For Outlook 2007, click Tools > Rules and Alerts... from the menu in Outlook window. See screenshot:
5. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click New Rule...
6. In the Rules Wizard dialog box, select Apply rule on message I receive in Outlook 2010 and 2013. And In Outlook 2007, select the Start from a blank rule option and the Check messages when they arrive option, and click Next button.
7. In the following Rules Wizard dialog box, select sent only to me in Outlook 2010 and 2013, or select where my name is in the To box in Outlook 2007, and then click Next button.
8. Check reply using a specific template under Select action(s), and click on a specific template in the Edit the rule description box. See screenshot:
9. In the Select a Reply Template dialog box, select User Templates in File System in the Look In drop-down list, select the template you created before and click the Open button. When it returns to the previous Rules Wizard dialog box, click the Next button.
10. In the next Rules and Wizard dialog box, click the Next button without checking any exceptions.
11. Type a name for your auto reply rule in the Specify a name for this rule box, and click the Finish button.
If you want to use this rule for all email accounts, please check the Create this rule on all accounts box.
12. Now it returns to the Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the OK button. Now the auto reply rule is created.
|So many steps in creating rule, you can easily acheive it through the first method.|
20+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8, Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!