How to resize all/multiple images in Word
When we copy or import images from Internet or other files, the size of the images may be various. Everyone knows how to resize pictures one by one, but if we want to resize them to the same size all at once, how can we do? This tutorial will show you several methods of resizing images.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013.
1. To show the picture’s sizing handles by clicking on the picture;
2. Put the cursor on one of the picture’s sizing handles.
3. Drag the sizing handle until the picture size is suitable for your needs. See screenshot:
Note: With this method, you cannot resize multiple pictures all at once. You need to resize them one by one until all pictures are resized.
With the following VBA code, you can resize pictures to your ideal size. You can get it done as follow：
In this example, we resize the picture size to 1.78inch height and 3.17inch width.
1: Please select a picture you want to change the size;
2: Press Alt+F11 to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window;
3: Click Module from Insert tab, copy and paste the following VBA code into the Module window;
4: Click Run button to run the VBA
The VBA code on resizing images:
Dim shp As Word.Shape
Dim ishp As Word.InlineShape
If Word.Selection.Type <> wdSelectionInlineShape And _
Word.Selection.Type <> wdSelectionShape Then
If Word.Selection.Type = wdSelectionInlineShape Then
Set ishp = Word.Selection.Range.InlineShapes(1)
ishp.LockAspectRatio = False
ishp.Height = InchesToPoints(1.78)
ishp.Width = InchesToPoints(3.17)
If Word.Selection.Type = wdSelectionShape Then
Set shp = Word.Selection.ShapeRange(1)
shp.LockAspectRatio = False
shp.Height = InchesToPoints(1.78)
shp.Width = InchesToPoints(3.17)
Note: In shp.Height = InchesToPoints(1.78 ) and shp.Width = InchesToPoints(3.17) you can change the size to meet your need.
With this VBA code, you also cannot resize all or multiple picture at once. You need to go back and forth between the Word document and the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window to select the picture and apply the code. That’s too time-consuming.
With Kutools for Word's Resize Images utility, you can get rid of those annoying and time-consuming operations, and quickly resize all images from your document.
1. Please apply this utility by clicking Enterprise > Resize Images. See screenshot:
2. If you want to resize all images to a certain percentage of their original size, please select one of the six percentage from the drop-down list. For example, if you want to resize all the pictures to 25% of their original size, please select 25%. After clicking 25%, you will see all pictures have been sized to 25%. See screenshot:
3. Besides resize all pictures to a certain percentage of their original size, you can also resize them with selection. Please select a picture as the model size, and then click Enterprise > Resize Images > Resize Images with Selection.
For more detailed information about Kutools for Word’s Resize Images utility, please click here.
Kutools for Word
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Word 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013