How to remove all page breaks in Word?
Working with a long document, we may need to insert page breaks to start a new page with a specific paragraph. We can set options to control where Word positions automatic page breaks, but only manual page break is removable. This tutorial is telling us how to remove page breaks in several ways.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013.
1. If you cannot see the page breaks showing in the document, you need to show them by clicking Home > Show/Hide Editing Marks button. See screenshot
2. Highlight the whole page break line, or place the cursor directly to the left of the page break line,
2. Then press the Delete key on your keyboard.
It is easy to use the above way to remove a page break in word, but how to remove dozens of page breaks? It is feasible to press the “Ctrl” key to select all page breaks and then press Delete key, but it seems time-consuming if the document has more than 100 pages.
Compared with the first method, the Find and Replace option saves you much time. You don’t need to select all page breaks one by one through a long document, and just a few steps will have it done.
Please apply this utility by clicking Home > Replace.
It will display a Find and Replace dialog. Click More>> button to show more options. See screenshot:
3. Place the cursor in the Find What field, and select the Manual Page Break from the Special pull-down menu.
4. There will be a “^m” character in the Find What field, and click Replace All.
With Kutools for Word, it has never been so easy to remove all page breaks in the whole or the selection of a document.
1. After you have Kutools for Word installed, please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Breaks > Remove Page Breaks. See screenshot:
2. After clicking Remove Page Breaks, all page breaks in the whole document or all the page breaks from the selected part of the document will be removed. See screenshots:
Note: Only Kutools for Word will keep all formatting after removing page breaks in the document.
Kutools for Word
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Word 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013