Format Text Effects – 3-D Format
This tutorial talks about add 3-D format for the selected text in the message body, when you are composing, replying, or forwarding an email in Outlook.
Note: Methods introduced on this page apply to Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And the instructions may vary significantly or slightly depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook and the Windows environments.
In the message editing window in Outlook, please follow below steps to add 3-D format form the selected text in the message body.
1. In the message body, select the text that you will format as 3-D characters.
2. Go to the Font group on the Format Text tab, and click the anchor at the bottom-right corner to open the Font dialog.
Tips: You can also press Ctrl + D keys to open the Font dialog.
3. In the Font dialog, please click the Text Effects button at the bottom-left corner.
4. In the Format Text Effects dialog, enable the Text Effects tab, and click the blank arrow before 3-D Format to expand this section.
5. Go ahead to set the parameters of the 3-D formats as you need.
(1) Top bevel
Select one style of top bevels from the drop-down list below Top bevel, and specify width and height of the top bevel in the Width and Height boxes.
(2) Bottom bevel
Select one style of bottom bevels from the drop-down list below Bottom bevel, and specify width and height of the top bevel in the Width and Height boxes.
Specify the depth color from the drop-down list below Depth, and enter a number in the Size box to set the depth size.
Choose the contour color from the drop-down list below Contour, and enter a number in the Size box to set the contour size.
Select one material style from the drop-down list below Material.
6. Click the OK buttons successively to save the settings and close the Format Text Effects dialog and Font dialog.
So far, the 3-D format has been added for the selected text in the message body. FYI, the 3-D format will not obviously if the font size of the selected text is small. To view the 3-D format obviously, you’d better enlarge the selected text as possible as you can.
If you need to clear the 3-D format from some text in the message body, you can do as follows:
1. In the message body, select the text whose 3-D format you will clear.
2. Press Ctrl + D keys to open the Font dialog, and then click the Text Effects button in the Font dialog.
3. In the Format Text Effects dialog, enable the Text Effects tab, and click the Reset button in the 3-D Format section.
4. Click the OK buttons to close the Format Text Effects dialog and the Font dialog.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.