Easily encrypt and decrypt selected cell values or contents in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Supposing you have a workbook which contains some important information couldn't be viewed by others. In this case, you would like to encrypt the cell contents, but Excel doesn't have a function for encrypting the cell contents. With Kutools for Excel’s Encrypt Cells and Decrypt Cells utility, you can quickly encrypt the selected cell values and decrypt the cell contents.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
1. Select the range that you want to encrypt.
2. Apply this utility by clicking Kutools Plus > Encrypt Cells in the Security group, then type in the password in the Encrypt Cells dialog box, choose one type of masks you want to display in cells after encrypted. See screenshots:
Check None option, then the cell contents will be displayed as below:
Check Char option, then the cell contents will be displayed as below:
Check String option, then the cell contents will be displayed as below:
Note: If a cell contains formula will not be encrypted.
The encrypted cells that have been encrypted with the Encrypt Cells utility can only be decrypted with the Decrypt Cells utility.
1. Please select the cells which have been encrypted with Encrypt Cells.
2. Click Kutools Plus > Decrypt Cells to apply this utility. See screenshots:
3. Type in the password and click OK. You will see the encrypted cells values become as follows, see screenshots:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoWe would like to prevent someone FORGETING to encrypt the cells after they finished working with the document. Is it possible to get cells automatically encrypted once document is closed.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThe password for MiniMall is clearly the same no matter what line is used. Ever heard of Cipher Block Chaining? Look it up. It would nearly eliminate the possibility of two lines being the same even with the same password.