Fill blank cells with value above or 0 in Excel
Kutools for Excel
We generally use Excel's Fill function to fill blank cells in selection. Nevertheless, it will overwrite existing data in the selection, and copy the formatting to blank cells. But Kutools for Excel's Fill Blank cells will help you fill only blank cells in selection without affecting existing data or copying formatting. With Fill Blank Cells utility, you can quickly fill blank cells in a range as follows:
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words...
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum...
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns...
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Create Mailing List and Send Emails by Cell's Value...
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools >> Insert >> Fill Blank Cells. See screenshots:
1. Select the range in which you will fill blank cells with 0.
2. Specify Fixed Value option in Fill With section, and input 0 in Filled value box. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply. All of the blank cells have been filled with 0. See screenshot:
1. Select the range in which you will fill blank cells with existing values.
2. In the Fill Blank Cells dialog box, specify Based on Values option in Fill With section, and choose one type (Down, Up, Right or Left) from Options you need. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply. (If you click OK, the dialog box will close, and if you click Apply, the dialog box will not close, and you can do other operations) The blank cells have been filled down with the value above. See screenshot:
1. This tool will not overwrite any existing values in the selections.
2. This tool will not copy any formatting to the blank cells in selections, such as color, bold, etc.
1. Select the range in which you will fill blank cells with linear values.
2. Specify Linear Values option in Fill With section, and select the array format of the liner values (from top to bottom or from left to right), see screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply. All of the blank cells have been filled liner values from top to bottom. See screenshot:
1. This option will only fill blank cells between cells containing data in same columns or rows.
2. If you need to fill linear values in rows, you should specify the Form left to right option; if you need to fill linear values in columns, you should specify the From top to bottom option.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.