How to extend selection to the end of column or entire row in Excel?
When working with a long column or row, you may need to select the whole column or row with data for some purpose. In this article, we will show you how to extend the selection to the end of column or row after selecting the first cell.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following shortcut keys help you extending selection to end of column or row in Excel.
1. Select the first or any cell of the column or row, and then press the keys simultaneously. Then you can see the selection is extended to the end of current column as below screenshot shown.
2. For extending the selection to the entire row, please select the first or any cell of the row, then press keys simultaneously.
Then you can see the selection is extended to the entire row with data as below screenshot show.
1. If the first selected cell is empty, it will extend the selection to the first non-empty cell below the selected cell as following screenshot shown:
2. If there are blank cells exist in the column, the selection will stop at the first blank cell after using the shortcut key as below screenshot shown.