How to convert the phone number format to digits in Excel?
Supposing you receive an Excel worksheet contains a list of phone numbers, and now you need to convert these phone numbers to only digits as below screenshot shown. How to achieve it? Please try the methods in this article.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can apply the following formula to convert the phone number format to digits in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell (C2) where you need to place the digits after converting. Then enter formula =--SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A2,"(",""),")","")," ",""),"-","") into the Formula Bar and then press the Enter key to get the result. See screenshot:
Note: In the formula, A2 is the cell contains the phone number you need to convert to digits. Please change it as you need.
2. Keep selecting the result cell C2, drag its Fill Handle down to cell C8 to get all converted digits as below screenshot shown.
Now all phone numbers in the list are converted to digits.
This section will recommend the Remove Characters utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can convert phone number to digits with ease in Excel.
1. Select the list with phone numbers you need to convert to digits, then click Kutools > Text > Remove Characters. See screenshot:
2. In the Remove Characters dialog box, please check the Custom box, enter a hyphen – into the text box, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now all hyphens between the selected phone numbers are removed immediately. And now the phone numbers are displayed as digits as below screenshot shown.