- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoHi, macro, do you want to column two columns as below screenshot shown? If so, you can use the formula =D1&E1, D1 and E1 is the cells in two column you want to combine, if not, please upload the file to display your desired result.
How to merge cells in a range formatted as table in Excel?
In Excel, you can easily merge some consecutive cells into one with the Merge & Center utility as below screenshot shown. However, it cannot merge the cells in a range which formatted as a table in Excel, is there any trick to handle it?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, there is no way that can merge cells in a table, but here I introduce a roundabout trick for you to merge cells in a table.
Select the table, the go to the Design tab, click Convert to Range, and then click Yes in the popping dialog to convert the table to a range which also looks like a table. See screenshot:
Then select the cells you want to merge, click Home > Merge & Center, and click OK in the popping out warning dialog. See screenshot:
If you want to merge same cells in a range or unmerge cells in a range, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Merge Same Cells or Unmerge Cell.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Select cells you want to operate, and click Kutools > Range > Merge Same Cells or Unmerge Cell. See screenshot:
Merge same cells or unmerge cell
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoHi, I need combine Hello, I need to combine a range of two columns, but row by line, is there a formula or procedure to do it without having to go over it by line?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoGreat help! I was able to merge once I converted to range, best regards!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi i have tried Merge Same Cells With Kutools For Excel by downloading Kutools For Excel. But When I select two cells and click Kutools > Range > Merge Same Cells or Unmerge Cell, Its displaying a popup that ' This fuction can not be proceeded since: * The selection has table. Could you please help me how to overcome this
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi, thank u for your message， I am sorry to tell you that the Merge Same Cells and Unmerge Cell utilities cannot apply in table, you can right click at the table, then click Table > Convert to range in the context menu to convert the table to range cells first, then apply the Merge Same Cells or Unmerge Cell utilties. Or you can copy the table and paste as value, then apply the utilities. Wish it is helpful.