How to move/copy pages from one document to another or new one in Word?
It’s easy to move or copy one worksheet from one workbook to another in Excel, however, there seems no easy way to move one page from one Word document to another excepting copying and pasting manually. Here I will introduce a couple of ways to move/copy one or multiple pages from one Word document to another (or new one) quickly.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
This method will guide you to move/copy one or multiple pages from one document to another by Object > Text from File feature in Word. Please do as follows:
Note: If the source document contains only one page or you want to move/copy all pages of source document, please start from the Step 3 directly.
1. Open the source document where you will move/copy pages from, select the pages you will move/copy, and click Insert > Bookmark. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Bookmark dialog box, please type a name in the Bookmark name box, and click the Add button. See screenshot:
4. Now the Insert File dialog box comes out, please (1) open the folder containing source document, (2) select the source document, and then (3) click the Range button. See screenshot:
Note: If your source document contains one page only or you want to copy all pages of source document, please (1) open the folder containing source document, (2) select the source document, and (3) click Insert button to finish moving.
5. In the popping out Enter Text dialog box, please type the specified bookmark name you added in Step 2, and click the OK button.
6. Click the Insert button in the Insert File dialog box.
So far, the specified pages of the source documents have been moved/copied to the target document already.
Above method will help you more or copy one or multiple adjacent pages from one Word document to another. Well, in some cases, you may need to move or copy multiple nonadjacent pages, such as Page 2, Page 5, and Page8 to another document in bulk. And this method will introduce Kutools for Word’s Select Pages feature to do this work.Kutools for Word is a handy add-in to ease your work and enhance your ability of processing word document. Free Trial for 60 days! Get It Now!
2. In the popping out Select Pages dialog box, please (1) check the Select pages according to selection option, (2) check the specified pages you will copy, and (3) click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Now all of checked pages are selected in bulk. Please press Ctrl + C keys to copy them.
4. Go to the target document, and press Ctrl + V keys to paste them. And now those nonadjacent pages you checked are batch copied and pasted into the target document.
Notes: Kutools for Word also provides other select pages tools to ease your work:
Select Current Page: One click to select current page;
Select Odd Pages: One click to select all odd pages of current document, including Page 1, Page 3, Page 5 …
Select Even Pages: One click to select all even pages of current document, including Page 2, Page 4, Page 6 …
If you want to move/move each page of source document to a separate new one in Word, the Split feature of Kutools for Word can help you finish this work with several clicks at ease.Kutools for Word is a handy add-in to ease your work and enhance your ability of processing word document. Free Trial for 60 days! Get It Now!
1. Open the source document whose each page you will move to a new document individually, and click Kutools Plus > Split. See screenshot:
Note: Before applying the Split feature, you need to save the source document.
2. In the Split Document dialog box, please (1) specify the destination folder you will save new documents to in the Save to box, (2) select Page from the Split by drop down list, and (3) click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now each page of the source document is moved/copied to an individual new Word document, and saved into the specified destination folder.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoworth reading
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThank you. This is really helpful.