Can we track/identify the Content Control differences?
Kutools for Excel is a powerful add-in that frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Excel, such as combine sheets quickly, merge cells without losing data, paste to only visible cells, count cells by color and so on. 300+ powerful features / functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365!
It enables tabbed browsing, editing, and managing of Microsoft Office applications. You can open multiple documents / files in a single tabbed window, such as using the browser IE 8/9/10, Firefox, and Google Chrome. It's compatible with Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365. Demo
Kutools for Outlook is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Outlook users has to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365!
Kutools for Word is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Word users have to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Word / Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365!
Restores the old look and menus of Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365. Don’t lose time in finding commands on the new Ribbon. Easy to deploy to all computers in enterprises and organizations.
Sometimes we may need to merge multiple documents into one when you are using the Microsoft Word applications. In Word, you can merge multiple Word documents into one with one of following tricky ways:
You can merge multiple documents into one document by using the Text from File function in Word, but by doing this, you will lost the format of documents after merged.
1. Create a new Word document you will place the merged documents, and then click Insert > Object > Text from File. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Insert File dialog box, please (1) open the folder containing documents you will merge; (2) select the documents you will merge; and then (3) click the Insert button. See screenshot:
Tip: Holding Ctrl key, you can select multiple documents with clicking them one by one; holding Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent documents with clicking the first one and the last one.
3. If documents you need to merge are saved in different folders, please repeat above Step 1-2 as your need.
Note: You can't order documents in merged file, otherwise you insert them one by one.
Alternatively, you can use VBA to merge multiple documents into one in Word.
1. Move all Word documents you will merge into the same folder.
2. Rename the Word documents with a series of sequence names. (1) Right click a document and select Rename from the context menu, and then type a new name, such as Part1; (2) Repeat to rename other documents. See screenshot:
3. Double click to open the document you will place at the beginning of merged file.
4. Press Alt + F11 keys together to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
5. Click Insert > Module, and then paste below VBA code into the new Module window;
VBA: merge multiple documents in Word
Sub MergeDocuments() Application.ScreenUpdating = False MyPath = ActiveDocument.Path MyName = Dir(MyPath & "\" & "*.docx") i = 0 Do While MyName <> "" If MyName <> ActiveDocument.Name Then Set wb = Documents.Open(MyPath & "\" & MyName) Selection.WholeStory Selection.Copy Windows(1).Activate Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdLine Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.Paste i = i + 1 wb.Close False End If MyName = Dir Loop Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
Note: This VBA can only merge Word documents whose file extensions are docx. If you need to merge documents (.doc), please replace docx in the code MyName = Dir(MyPath & "\" & "*.docx") to doc.
6.Click Run button or press F5 key to apply the VBA.
Note: you have to rename the documents with a series of sequence names, otherwise the documents may be disordered or lost in the merged file.
After you installed Kutools for Word, you don't need to create a new blank document, nor put the document into the same folder. With Merge of Kutools, you can quickly merge multiple documents into one in word. Please do as follows:Kutools for Word is a handy add-in to ease your work and enhance your ability of processing word document. Free Trial for 60 days! Get It Now!
1. Click Kutools Plus > Merge. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Merge Documents dialog box, please add documents you will merge: (1) Click Add Files button; (2) In the Browse dialog box open folder containing documents you will merge; (3) holding Ctrl or Shift key to select these documents; and then (4) click the OK button. See screenshot:
(1) If you need to merge documents that are saved in different's folder, please repeat this step to add them one by one;
(2) You can also add all documents saved in one folder in bulk by the Add Folder button.
3. Now you return to the Merge Documents dialog box, please (1) order these documents by Move Up and Move Down buttons; (2) specify a break between documents from the Break between documents drop down list; and then (3) click the Merge button. See screenshot:
Note: FYI, original formatting of all documents you merged are reserved in the merged result.