How to count/sum the cells greater than but less than a number?
There is a range of data in a worksheet as shown below, and now you want to count or sum the cells which are greater than a certain number but also less than another certain number in the range. Here, in Excel, COUNTIF and SUMIF formulas can help you.
Select Specific Cells (select cells/row/columns based on one ore two criteria.)
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Count the cells greater than a certain number but less than another certain number in a range. In this case, I count the cells greater than number 30 but less than number 50.
Please select a blank cell, for instance, the Cell C6, type this formula =COUNTIF(A1:C5,">30") - COUNTIF(A1:C5,">50") (the range A1: C5 indicates the range you want to count the cells which meet to the criteria, the number 30 and 50 stand the criteria, you can change them as you need), and press Enter button on the keyboard. See screenshot:
For summing the cells greater than a certain number but also less than another certain number in a range, the following formula can help you.
Please select a blank cell, for instance, the Cell C6, type this formula =SUMIF(A1:C5,">30")-SUMIF(A1:C5,">50") (the range A1: C5 indicates the range you want to sum the cells which meet to the criteria, the number 30 and 50 stand the criteria, you can change them as you need), and press Enter button on the keyboard. See screenshot:
With above formulas, you need to count and sum cells with different formulas, but with Kutools for Excel’s Select Specific Cells utility, you can select the cells which match to the criterion and then get the counting, summing, and average result at the Status bar
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data range, and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog,
(1) Check Cell option under Select type section,
(2) Then select Greater than in first drop down list and type the number criterion in the next to box, and select Less than from second drop down list and type the number into beside box,
(3) And check And option.
3. Click Ok. Now the cells greater than 20 but less than 40 are selected. You can view the results of counting, summing and average at the Status bar.
With Select Specific Cells, you can select cells, rows or columns based on cell value, click here to know more about it.
|In some cases, you may have a range of calues with multiple colors, and what you want is to count/sum values based on same color, how can you quickly calculate? |
With Kutools for Excel's Count by Color, you can quickly do many calculations by color, and also can generate a report of the calculated result.