How to save all attachments from multiple emails to folder in Outlook?
It is easy to save all attachments from an email with the build-in Save All Attachments feature in Outlook. However, if you want to save all attachments from multiple emails at once, there is no direct feature can help. You need to repeatedly use the Save All Attachments feature in each email until all attachments are saved from those emails. That’s time-consuming. In this article, we introduce two methods for you to bulk save all attachments from multiple emails to a specific folder easily in Outlook.
Quickly bulk save all attachments from multiple emails in Outlook:
The Save All attachments utility of Kutools for Outlook can help you quickly save all attachments from multiple emails to a specific folder at once. See below demo.
Download the full feature 60-day free trail of Kutools for Outlook now!
This section demonstrates a VBA code in a step-by-step guide to help you quickly save all attachments from multiple emails to a specific folder at once. Please do as follows.
1. Firstly, you need to create a folder for saving the attachments in your computer.
Get into the Documents folder and create a folder named “Attachments”. See screenshot:
2. Select the emails which the attachments you will save, and then press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module to open the Module window, and then copy the following VBA code into the window.
VBA code: Bulk save attachments from multiple emails
Public Sub SaveAttachments() 'Update 20191101 Dim objOL As Outlook.Application Dim objMsg As Outlook.MailItem Dim objAttachments As Outlook.Attachments Dim objSelection As Outlook.Selection Dim i As Long Dim lngCount As Long Dim strFile As String Dim strFolderpath As String Dim strDeletedFiles As String strFolderpath = CreateObject("WScript.Shell").SpecialFolders(16) Set objOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objSelection = objOL.ActiveExplorer.Selection strFolderpath = strFolderpath & "\Attachments\" For Each objMsg In objSelection Set objAttachments = objMsg.Attachments lngCount = objAttachments.Count strDeletedFiles = "" If lngCount > 0 Then For i = lngCount To 1 Step -1 strFile = objAttachments.Item(i).FileName strFile = strFolderpath & strFile objAttachments.Item(i).SaveAsFile strFile 'objAttachments.Item(i).Delete() If objMsg.BodyFormat <> olFormatHTML Then strDeletedFiles = strDeletedFiles & vbCrLf & "<Error! Hyperlink reference not valid.>" Else strDeletedFiles = strDeletedFiles & "<br>" & "<a href='file://" & _ strFile & "'>" & strFile & "</a>" End If Next i If objMsg.BodyFormat <> olFormatHTML Then objMsg.Body = vbCrLf & "The file(s) were saved to " & strDeletedFiles & vbCrLf & objMsg.Body Else objMsg.HTMLBody = "<p>" & "The file(s) were saved to " & strDeletedFiles & "</p>" & objMsg.HTMLBody End If objMsg.Save End If Next ExitSub: Set objAttachments = Nothing Set objMsg = Nothing Set objSelection = Nothing Set objOL = Nothing End Sub
5. Press the F5 key to run the code.
Then all attachments in selected emails are saved to the folder you created in step 1. You will see there are hyperlinks displayed in selected emails. Click on the link will open the specific attachment automatically.
Note: There may be a Microsoft Outlook prompt box popping up, please click the Allow button to go ahead.
If you are a newbie in VBA, here highly recommended the Save All attachments utility of Kutools for Outook for you. With this utility, you can quickly save all attachments from multiple emails at once with several clicks only in Outlook.
Before applying the feature, please download and install Kutools for Outlook firstly.
1. Select the emails containing the attachments you want to save.
Tips: You can select multiple nonadjacent emails by holding the Ctrl key and select them one by one;
Or select multiple adjacent emails by holding the Shift key and select the first email and the last one.
2. Click Kutools > Save All. See screenshot:
3. In the Save Settings dialog, click the button to select a folder to save the attachments, and then click the OK button to save the attachments. See screenshot:
Then all attachments in selected emails are save in specified folder at once.
- 1. If you want to save attachments in different folders based on emails, please check the Create subfolders in the following style box, and choose a folder style from the drop-down.
- 2. You can only save attachments with specific extensions from selected emails. For example, you only want to save Text file attachments and Word document attachments, please check the Only save attachments with following extensions box, and enter .txt;.docx into the textbox.
For detaching the attachments directly from selected emails, the Detach All attachments feature of Kutools for Outlook can do you a favor. Click to know more about this feature.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.