How to select all negative numbers in Excel?
Sometimes there are many positive numbers and negative numbers in a range in Excel. You may want to select, copy, or delete those negative numbers. Here we are going to show you tricky tips to select all negative numbers in Microsoft Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
We can apply the IF formula to identify and returns the negative numbers in active cell. You can do it with following steps:
Step 1: In a blank cell, enter the formula =IF(A1<0,a1,""), and press the Enter key, in this case, enter the formula in cell F1.
Step 2: Select the range of F1:H7, which has same size as A1:C7.
Step 3: Click the Home > Fill > Down and Fill > Right to copy the formula to every cell in the range of F1:H7.
Now it copies all negative numbers in A1:C7, and pastes each negative numbers in corresponding position in the range of F1:H7. See the following screenshot:
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, its Select Specific Cells tool can help you select all negative numbers in a selection directly.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Get it Now.
Step 1: Select the range that you will select the negative numbers from.
Step 2: Click the Kutools > Select Tools > Select Specific Cells….
Step 3: In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, specify the settings as following:
- Check the Cell option;
- Select the Less than from the Specify type drop down box;
- Enter the number of 0 behind the Specify type.
Step 4: Click OK or Apply, then it selects all negative numbers in the selection at once. See screenshot:
Select Specify Cells tool can selects cell or entire row from a specified range that meet certain criteria. Once selected, you can apply other operations (such as, formatting or delete) to the cells or entire row. Click to know more…