How to combine worksheets of same name into one worksheet?
Usually, you often need to combine multiple workbooks into one master workbook in Excel, but in some situation, you may suffer this problem: supposing you have multiple workbooks and the workbooks contain some identical worksheet names, here you only need to merge the same worksheet names data into their separate worksheet. How could you do?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
It seems there is no other simple method except using the Copy and Paste command to combine the data from the same worksheet names.
First, open all of the workbooks which contain the identical worksheet names that you want to merge, then copy the data from other same name worksheets, and then paste the data into the master worksheet that you want to be combined. With this repeated copy and paste operation, you can copy all the same name worksheets data into the master worksheets.
The Copy and Paste command is the easiest way to combine the data from the same name worksheets, but if there are hundreds of same name worksheets need to be merged, this method will be time consuming and tedious.
But with the Combine utility of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly merge multiple same name worksheets into master worksheets.
For example, I have two workbooks (BookA and BookB), BookA contains four worksheets (Grade1, Grade2, Grade3, Grade4) and BookB contains three worksheets (Grade1, Grade2, Grade3), and now, I can combine the data in worksheets Grade1 form the two workbooks into a new workbook which continue with the same worksheet names, so does other same name worksheets. See following screenshots:
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as following steps:
1. Click Enterprise > Combine, see screenshot:
2. In the Combine Worksheets wizard, select Combine all same name worksheets into one worksheet option. See screenshot:
3. Click Next button, on step2 of wizard, all the opened workbooks and worksheets are listed in the list box, if you want to add other workbooks or folders, you can click Add button to insert the files you want to combine. You can click button to select the range that you want to use. (By default, the used range is selected for each worksheet) See screenshot:
4. Then click Next button, on step3 of wizard, specify the following settings as your need, see screenshot:
5. After finish the settings, click Finish button to combine the same name worksheets. And you will be asked if you want to save this scenario, if you want to save this scenario, please click Yes, and enter the name of the scenario, (see following screenshots), if you don’t want to save this scenario, please click No. When you want to use this scenario, you just only need to click Scenario button to choose the name of the scenario you need on step2 wizard.
6. Then the data in the same name worksheets has been merged separately into their own worksheet and each worksheet information has been inserted into the first cell of the data as comments. At the same time, the different worksheet also is copied to the new workbook with its own name. see screenshots:
If you want to know more about this feature, please click Combine all same name worksheets into one worksheet.