How to convert angle between degrees and radians in Excel?
When you need to convert data between two angle units, such as degrees and radians, degrees and minutes, or degrees and seconds, are there any tricks for you to convert unit between them? Here I will introduce some quick tricks for you.
If you have list of degrees in Column A and want the equivalent in radians in Column B:
1. Type in cell B2:=RADIANS(A2), see screenshot:
2. Then press Enter button on the keyboard, and drag the fill hand of the B2 to the end of B5, see screenshot:
On the contrary, if you have radians in Column A, you want to convert the values in Column A to degrees in Column B, you should type this formula =DEGREES(A2) in B2. See screenshots:
With the same steps, you can also convert angle units between degrees and minutes, or degrees and seconds.
Convert degrees to minutes: =MINUTES(A2)
Convert degrees to seconds: =SECONDS(A2)
1. Select a range that you want to convert the angel units.
2. Please apply Unit Conversion function by clicking Kutools > Content Converter > Unit Conversion. See screenshot:
3. And a Unit Conversion dialog pops up, click the drop-down list and select Angle under Units option, and then specify the units you want to convert between in the two list boxes, you can see the converted result in the Preview. See screenshot:
4. Click Ok or Apply. All the selected data are converted to the new units. See screenshots:
Note: Applying this utility will change the original data. However, if you want to keep the original data, you can add the converted results as comments by checking the Add results as comments box in the dialog. See screenshot:
With Kutools for Excel's Unit Conversions, you can convert multiple units quickly, such as angle units, distance units, temperature units and so on.
- Convert between dollars, pounds, euros
- Unit conversions
- Convert feet to inches, miles, and meters
- Convert time measurement between hour, minutes, seconds, or day
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!