How to convert temperature units between Celsius, Kelvin and Fahrenheit in Excel?
As we know, in general, there are three kinds of temperature units to record the temperature. And if you want to convert one kind of temperature unit to another, how can you do? Now, this article is introducing the tricks for you to quickly convert temperature units between Celsius, Kelvin and Fahrenheit in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If you have data is recorded as Celsius in Column A and you want the equivalent in Kelvin in Column B:
1. Type this formula in cell B2: =CONVERT(A2,"C","K"), see screenshot:
2. Then press Enter button on the keyboard, and drag the fill hand of the B2 to the end of B7, see screenshot:
With the same steps, you also can convert temperature units between Celsius and Fahrenheit, Kelvin and Fahrenheit.
Convert Celsius to Fahrenheit: =CONVERT(A2,"C","F");
Convert Fahrenheit to Celsius: =CONVERT(A2,"F","C");
Convert Kelvin to Fahrenheit: =CONVERT(A2,"K","F");
Convert Fahrenheit to Kelvin: =CONVERT(A2,"F","K").
If use formula to convert temperature units is not enough quick and convenient for you, you can try out Kutools for Excel's Unit Conversion utility. Unit Conversion is a utility that helps you convert data between multiple units.
1. Select the data you want to convert the units.
2. Please apply Kutools for Excel's Unit Conversion by clicking Kutools > Content Converter > Unit Conversion. See screenshot:
3. And a Unit Conversion dialog pops up, click the drop-down box and select Temperature under Units option, and then specify the units you want to convert between in the two boxes, you can see the converted result in the Preview. . See screenshot:
4. Click Ok or Apply. All the selected data are converted to the new units. See screenshot:
Note: Applying this utility will change the original data. However, if you want to keep the original data, you can add the converted results as comments by checking the Add results as comments box in the dialog. See screenshot:
With Kutools for Excel's Unit Conversions, you can convert multiple units quickly, such as angle units, distance units, time units and so on. Click here to know more about Unit Conversions.
- Convert between dollars, pounds, euros
- Convert angle between degrees and radians
- Convert feet to inches, miles, and meters
- Convert time measurement between hour, minutes, seconds, or day
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI am new to Excel and had struggled to learn how to convert multiple rows at once. Thank you for showing me the fill handle procedure. I have bookmarked this page and intend to revisit in the future. Thanks!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 years agoYAY! I didn't have Kutool's but THE CODE STILL WORKED! THANK YOU!! (Excel 2007)