How to copy values and formatting from a range to another in Excel?
When you want to only copy a range of cells' values and format, and do not copy the formula in cells, how can you quickly copy it? The following tricks are telling you how to get it done.
Transpose Table Dimensions（transpose a cross table to list, and vice versa.）
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
In Excel, copy values and formatting only can do as follows:
1. Select the range you want to copy;
2. Click Edit > Copy, or right click and select Copy;
3. Select a cell or range you want to paste the values and formatting;
4. Choose Edit, Paste Special or right click and choose Paste Special, and click Values and source formatting, see screenshot:
5. Then only the values and cell formatting are pasted in the selected cell.
Running VBA can quickly copy values and formatting.
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Click here to know Auto TextClick here to get free trial
1. Hold ALT button and press F11 on the keyboard to open a Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and copy the VBA into the module.
VBA: Copy values and all formatting
Sub CopyValuesAndNumberFormats() 'Update 20130815 Dim CopyRng As Range, PasteRng As Range xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set CopyRng = Application.Selection Set CopyRng = Application.InputBox("Ranges to be copied :", xTitleId, CopyRng.Address, Type:=8) Set PasteRng = Application.InputBox("Paste to (single cell):", xTitleId, Type:=8) CopyRng.Copy PasteRng.Parent.Activate PasteRng.PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats PasteRng.PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub
3. Click Run button or press F5 to run the VBA. And there is a dialog displayed on the screen, and you should select the range cells that you want to copy the values and formatting. See screenshot:
5. Click Ok and another dialog is displayed for you to select a cell to paste the result. See screenshot:
6. Click Ok, then the cells' values and formatting are pasted in the selected cell. See screenshot:
Note: With this VBA code, you can also paste the values and formatting into other worksheets that you want..
If you just want to copy values only, format only or values and number formatting only, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Copy Ranges.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installed Kutools for Excel, just do as below please:
1. Select the data, and click Kutools > Copy Ranges. And then select the option you need.
2. Then click Ok, and select a cell to paste the data.
Note: If you want to keep the row height or column width, just check Including row height or Including column width.
|Kutools for Excel: 300 + functions you must have in Excel, 60-day free trial from here|