How to copy values and formatting from a range to another in Excel?
When you want to only copy a range of cells' values and format, and do not copy the formula in cells, how can you quickly copy it? The following tricks are telling you how to get it done.
Transpose Table Dimensions（transpose a cross table to list, and vice versa.）
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, copy values and formatting only can do as follows:
1. Select the range you want to copy;
2. Click Edit > Copy, or right click and select Copy;
3. Select a cell or range you want to paste the values and formatting;
4. Choose Edit, Paste Special or right click and choose Paste Special, and click Values and source formatting, see screenshot:
5. Then only the values and cell formatting are pasted in the selected cell.
Running VBA can quickly copy values and formatting.
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Click here to know Auto TextClick here to get free trial
1. Hold ALT button and press F11 on the keyboard to open a Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and copy the VBA into the module.
VBA: Copy values and all formatting
Sub CopyValuesAndNumberFormats() 'Update 20130815 Dim CopyRng As Range, PasteRng As Range xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set CopyRng = Application.Selection Set CopyRng = Application.InputBox("Ranges to be copied :", xTitleId, CopyRng.Address, Type:=8) Set PasteRng = Application.InputBox("Paste to (single cell):", xTitleId, Type:=8) CopyRng.Copy PasteRng.Parent.Activate PasteRng.PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats PasteRng.PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub
3. Click Run button or press F5 to run the VBA. And there is a dialog displayed on the screen, and you should select the range cells that you want to copy the values and formatting. See screenshot:
5. Click Ok and another dialog is displayed for you to select a cell to paste the result. See screenshot:
6. Click Ok, then the cells' values and formatting are pasted in the selected cell. See screenshot:
Note: With this VBA code, you can also paste the values and formatting into other worksheets that you want..
If you just want to copy values only, format only or values and number formatting only, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Copy Ranges.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installed Kutools for Excel, just do as below please:
1. Select the data, and click Kutools > Copy Ranges. And then select the option you need.
2. Then click Ok, and select a cell to paste the data.
Note: If you want to keep the row height or column width, just check Including row height or Including column width.