How to create sequence worksheets from a range of cells in Excel?
If you have a range of data in your worksheet, and now, you want to create a sequence of worksheets based on the cell data, see following screenshot. Of course, you can edit the worksheet name one by one manually, but if there are multiple worksheet names need to be edited, this way will be troublesome and time-consuming. Here, I will talk about some quick tricks to help you.
The following VBA code can help you add some worksheets which are named based on the cell contents after existing worksheets. Please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, then it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: add sequence worksheets based on list of cells
Sub CreateWorkSheetByRange() 'Update 20130829 Dim WorkRng As Range Dim Ws As Worksheet Dim arr As Variant On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) arr = WorkRng.Value Application.ScreenUpdating = False For i = 1 To UBound(arr, 1) For j = 1 To UBound(arr, 2) Set Ws = Worksheets.Add(after:=Application.ActiveSheet) Ws.Name = arr(i, j) Next Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and then a prompt box will be popped out for you to select the range that you want to use. See screenshot:
4. And then click OK, the worksheets which are named by the cell values have been added after the existing worksheet. See screenshot:
1. The new worksheets will be inserted after the current worksheet.
2. If the selected range included blank cells, the worksheets are named based on default. See screenshots:
Here, I introduce a handy tool-Kutools for Excel, with its Create Sequence Worksheets, you can quickly create worksheets with month name, day name, custom list and so on.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as following steps:
1. Select the range that you want to create worksheets based on.
2. Click Enterprise > Worksheet Tools > Create Sequence Worksheets, see screenshot:
3. In the Create Sequence Worksheets dialog box, choose the worksheet type that you want to create the new sequence worksheets, and then check Data in a range option, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK to close the dialog box, and a new workbook which contains the worksheets are named by the selected range data has been created. See screenshot:
1. If you choose Sheet 1 or Sheet 2, the new worksheets are created will be as the same formatting as Sheet 1 or Sheet 2.
2. The new worksheets are created in a new workbook.
3. If the selected range included blank cells, the worksheets are named based on default. See screenshots:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)