How to generate random date quickly in Excel?
When you use an Excel file, sometimes you want to generate random date for some purpose, of course, you can enter the date manually one by one, but if you need to insert multiple date, this method will be time-consuming and boring. How to quickly generate random date on earth in Excel?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
In Excel, you can mix the Randbetween and Date function to create random date, please do as follows:
1. Select a cell that you want to insert a random date, and enter this function: =RANDBETWEEN(DATE(2013, 1, 1),DATE(2013, 3, 1)).
Note: in the function, (2013, 1, 1) is the starting date, and (2013, 3, 1) is the ending date, you can replace them as you need.
2. Then press Enter key, it displays a five-digit number in the cell, and you need to convert this format to the date format.
3. Select the cell, and right-click, choose Format Cells from the context menu, see screenshot:
4. And in the Format Cells dialog box, click Number tab, and select Date from the Category, then select a date format you need from the Type drop-down list. See screenshot:
5. Click OK, the number has been converted to the normal date format. Then click the cell and drag the fill handle over to the range that you want to fill with random date. And the date has been generated randomly. See screenshot:
It seems that the above method is some troublesome, is there an easier and quicker way to solve this problem? Don’t worry, with Kutools for Excel’s Insert Random Data tool, you can quickly insert the following random date:
- Generate only the workday date;
- Generate only the weekend date;
- Generate any date (including workday date and weekend date);
- Generate random unique date
When you have installed Kutools for Excel, please do as the following steps:
1. Select the cells range that you want to insert the random date.
2. Click Kutools > Insert Tools > Insert Random Data, see screenshot:
3. In the popping up Insert Random Data dialog box, click Date tab, then specify the date scope, and choose the date type (workday date, weekend date or unique date) as you need. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK or Apply button, and the date has been generated into the cells as following screenshot shows:
Note: This method is simple and quick, but there is only one date type can be generated.
Recommended Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agolapolisia te baneara esta pagina panchito huevonazo
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoPANCHITO JOPUTA
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoRandom dates
June 22 2018
July 3 2018
October 21 2022
June 1 2026
July 3 2045
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoNFL 2017 season 2 week
Seattle Seahawks New England Patriots
San Diego Chargers Washington redskins
Los Angeles Rams Tampa bay Buccaneers
Philadelphia Eagles Pittsburgh Steelers