How to generate random date between two dates quickly in Excel?
When you use an Excel file, sometimes you want to generate random date for some purpose, of course, you can enter the date manually one by one, but if you need to insert multiple dates, this method will be time-consuming and boring. How to quickly generate random date on earth in Excel?
In Excel, you can mix the Randbetween and Date function to create random date, please do as follows:
1. Select a cell that you want to insert a random date, and enter this formula:
Note: in the function, (2019, 1, 1) is the starting date, and (2019, 10, 20) is the ending date, you can replace them as you need.
2. Then, drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to fill this formula, it displays a five-digit number in the cell, see screenshot:
3. And then, you should format the numbers to date format, please select the cell, and right-click, choose Format Cells from the context menu.
4. In the Format Cells dialog box, click Number tab, and select Date from the Category, then select a date format you need from the Type drop-down list. See screenshot:
5. Click OK, the numbers have been converted to the normal dates. And the dates between the given two dates have been generated randomly. See screenshot:
It seems that the above method is some troublesome, is there an easier and quicker way to solve this problem? Don’t worry, with Kutools for Excel’s Insert Random Data tool, you can quickly insert the random date as below demo shown. Click to download Kutools for Excel!
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Select a list of cells that you want to insert the random date.
2. Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Random Data, see screenshot:
3. In the popping up Insert Random Data dialog box, click Date tab, then specify the date scope, and choose the date type (workday date, weekend date or unique date) as you need. Then, click OK button, and the dates between the specific two dates have been inserted randomly. See screenshots:
More relative random data articles:
- Insert Random (Integer) Numbers Between Two Numbers
- Do you need to insert random numbers in Microsoft Excel? There are several methods to insert random numbers in a range as follows.
- Generate Random Character Strings In A Range
- Sometimes you may need to generate random strings in cells, such as different passwords. This article tries to show you some tricks to generate different random strings in Excel.
- Generate Random Time In Excel
- In Excel, in a common situation, most of us may need to insert random numbers, date or text strings as our desired. But sometimes, have you ever tried to insert times randomly in a range of cells? Actually, we can apply some formulas to insert random time into the worksheet.
- Generate Random Yes Or No In Excel
- In some special cases, we may want to generate random Yes or No in a range in Excel, here I will tell you some formulas to quickly generate random Yes or No in Excel.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agolapolisia te baneara esta pagina panchito huevonazo
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoPANCHITO JOPUTA
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoRandom dates
June 22 2018
July 3 2018
October 21 2022
June 1 2026
July 3 2045
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoNFL 2017 season 2 week
Seattle Seahawks New England Patriots
San Diego Chargers Washington redskins
Los Angeles Rams Tampa bay Buccaneers
Philadelphia Eagles Pittsburgh Steelers