How to toggle / switch between two sheets back and forth in Excel?
Supposing you have a workbook which contains lots of worksheets, but oftentimes you just need to move between two specific, nonadjacent sheets, such as Sheet1 and Sheet 30. How could you toggle between this two nonadjacent sheets quickly and easily in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following VBA code can help you to do the jumping around between two specific worksheets, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. And then double click ThisWorkbook in the Project Explorer to open the module, see screenshot:
Note: If the Project Explorer is not displayed when you open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, you can click View tab and select Project Explorer to open it, see screenshot:
3. And then paste the following code into the Module window.
VBA: toggle between two nonadjacent sheets
Public LateWsName As String 'Update 20130830 Sub ToggleSheets() If LateWsName <> "" Then Application.Sheets(LateWsName).Activate End If End Sub Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) LateWsName = Sh.Name End Sub
4. And click the two worksheets (Sheet1 and Sheet30) that you want to toggle between one by one.
5. Then press F5 key to run this code, if you press once, the Sheet 1 will be displayed, and press again, the Sheet 30 will be toggled. So you can switch this two sheets back and forth by pressing the F5 key.
Maybe the above code is somewhat difficult for you, here I can introduce you an easy way to finish this task with one click.
When you have installed Kutools for Excel, please do as the following steps:
1. Open the workbook that you want to use. And then click Kutools > Navigation, see screenshot:
2. And the Navigation Pane will be displayed, then click Sheets tab.
3. Then you can click the two sheets that you want to toggle between, and next when you click button in the Navigation Pane, the two latest clicked sheets will be toggled back and forth.
Note: You can also toggle two sheets in two workbooks.
- List all worksheets in one workbook
- Navigate between windows in Workbooks
- Show navigation pane
- Navigate between cells
- List named ranges
- List column header names
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoTo shift between last two sheets in xcel--- Press WIN+A