How to convert multiple xlsx formats to xls or pdf format in Excel?
Supposing your co-worker have an older version of MS Excel as xls format, but your Excel format is xlsx (Excel 2007, 2010 or 2013), after sending the Excel files to him, his old version of Excel would not open these new formats unless he downloads a compatibility pack from Microsoft Office net. So before sending the files to him, you’d better convert the Excel files from xlsx format to xls format. How could you convert multiple xlsx formats to xls formats or pdf files at once in Excel?
The Save As function in Excel can help you convert the workbook’s xlsx format to older xls format one by one.
1. Open your workbook that you want to convert its format.
2. Click File > Save As in Excel 2010 and later version, and a Save As dialog will display, specify a folder to place the new format of the file, and then click Save as type drop down list to choose Excel 97-2003 Workbook, see screenshot:
3. Then click Save button to close the dialog, and this Excel format has been converted from xlsx to xls.
Tip: If you are using Excel 2007, please click Office Button > Save As > Excel 97-2003 Workbook, see screenshot:
With this Save As function, you just only convert one Excel file at a time, if you have hundreds of Excel files need to be converted, this method is not a good choice.
With this Kutools for Excel’s Format Converter utility, you can convert multiple xlsx formats to xls formats or vise versa, it also can help you convert multiple workbooks to PDF files at one.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Click Kutools Plus > Workbook > Format Converter, see screenshot:
2. And in the File Format Converter dialog, click the Type drop down list to choose the converter type you need, in this example, I select Excel 2007 or higher to Excel 97-2003. Then click button to add the files or folders that you want to convert. See screenshot:
3. After adding the Excel files into the list box, click button to specify the directory that you like to put these new format files. You can also save the new files into the source file directory. If you don’t want to keep the source files after conversion, please check Delete source files after conversion.
4. Then click OK to start converting, after finishing the conversion, a new workbook will be displayed to show the details of the conversion. See screenshot:
5. And all the Excel files format in the specified folder have been converted. See screenshot:
1. With this utility, you can also convert multiple xls formats to xlsx formats by choosing the Excel 97-2003 to Excel 2007 or higher from the Type drop down list.
2. All of the files in your specified folder which includes the subfolders will be converted to the file format as you want as well.
Convert multiple Excel files to PDF files with Kutools for Excel
If you want to convert multiple workbook files to PDF files immediately, please select the Excel workbook to PDF from the Type drop down list.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoCan you save a xls as a xlsx and maintain 1,048,576 rows and XFD Columns?