How to send current workbook through Outlook from Excel?
Maybe, you always make and modify report in Excel workbook, after finishing it, you need to send the current saved report to your department manager as soon as possible. How could you quickly send your current whole workbook to the specific person without opening the Outlook from Excel?
With this Save & Send command in Excel, you can quickly send the whole workbook as attachment, as PDF file, as XPS file or Internet Fax via your Outlook. You can do as this:
1. Open the workbook that you want to send.
2. Click File > Save & Send > Send Using E-mail in Excel 2010, see screenshot:
Tips: If you are using Excel 2007, please click Office Button > Send, see screenshot:
In Excel 2013, please click File > Share > Email, see screenshot:
3. Then choose one format you want to send the Excel as from the Sending Using E-mail section, in this case, I click Send as Attachment icon button, see screenshot:
4. And an Outlook edit window is appeared, enter recipient names into the To and Cc text boxes, and type a subject in the Subject box, you can input some message into the Introduction box as well, see screenshot:
1. This method is only working when you use Outlook as your mail program.
2. After sending the workbook, you can go to your Outlook to check if the email has been sent successfully.
Here, you can also send the current workbook as an attachment from Excel with the following VBA code, please do with the following steps:
1. Open your workbook that you would like to send.
2. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: send current workbook as attachment from Excel
Sub SendWorkBook() 'Update 20131209 Dim OutlookApp As Object Dim OutlookMail As Object Set OutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set OutlookMail = OutlookApp.CreateItem(0) On Error Resume Next With OutlookMail .To = "" .CC = "" .BCC = "" .Subject = "kte feature" .Body = "Hello, please check and read this document, thank you." .Attachments.Add Application.ActiveWorkbook.FullName .Send End With Set OutlookMail = Nothing Set OutlookApp = Nothing End Sub
Note: In the above code, you can change the following information to your own need.
- .to = ""
- .CC = ""
- .BCC = ""
- .Subject = "kte feature"
- .Body = "Hello, please check and read this document, thank you."
4. Then click F5 key to run this code, and a prompt box will pop out, click Allow, and this workbook has been sent out.
1. This code is only available when you use Outlook as your mail program.
2. After sending the workbook, you can go to your Outlook to make sure the email has been sent successfully.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!