For some purpose, you may create multiple hyperlinks for your values in the worksheet, and all of the hyperlinks are linked to the same file path or address, but now, you need to replace this hyperlink path with another address at a time. To change the path of the hyperlinks individually may waste a lot of time, is there a quick way to solve this problem?
Extract / display real addresses from hyperlinks:
With Kutools for Excel’s Convert Hyperlinks, you can quickly extract real URL addresses from hyperlinked cells at once.
Supposing you have a list of data with the same hyperlinks as following screenshot shown, and with a VBA code, you can quickly replace the old file path or address with a new one.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module window.
VBA code: change multiple hyperlink paths at once
Sub ReplaceHyperlinks() 'Updateby20140220 Dim Ws As Worksheet Dim xHyperlink As Hyperlink Dim xOld As String, xNew As String xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set Ws = Application.ActiveSheet xOld = Application.InputBox("Old text:", xTitleId, "", Type:=2) xNew = Application.InputBox("New text:", xTitleId, "", Type:=2) Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each xHyperlink In Ws.Hyperlinks xHyperlink.Address = Replace(xHyperlink.Address, xOld, xNew) Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and a prompt box to let you input your old hyperlink address into the Old text box. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and another prompt box is popped out to remind you entering the new hyperlink address that you want to use.
5. And then click OK, all the same old hyperlink addresses have been replaced by the new one at once. See screenshots:
If you want to extract the actual addresses from the hyperlinks in Excel, how could you do? With Convert Hyperlinks of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly deal with this task.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
If you have Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:（ Free Download Kutools for Excel Now ）
1. Click Kutools > Link > Convert Hyperlinks, see screenshot:
2. In the Convert Hyperlinks dialog box, select Hyperlinks addresses replace cell contents option under the Convert type section, and then click the first button to select the range of hyperlinks that you want to extract the real addresses, click the second button to choose a cell where you want to put the result, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK button, and all the real addresses have been extracted from the selected hyperlinks, see screenshot:
Lots of hyperlinks needed to be removed from your worksheet or workbook, Kutools for Excel’s Delete Hyperlinks function can help you remove the hyperlinks in a selected range, in one or multiple worksheet, in a workbook.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:（ Free Download Kutools for Excel Now ）
Click Kutools > Links > Delete Hyperlinks, then choose the scope which you want to remove the hyperlinks, see screenshot: