How to change multiple hyperlink paths at once in Excel?
For some purpose, you may create multiple hyperlinks for your data in the worksheet, and all of the hyperlinks are linked to the same file path or address, but now, you need to replace this hyperlink path with another address at a time. To change the path of the hyperlinks individually may waste a lot of time, is there a quick way to solve this problem?
Supposing you have a list of data with the same hyperlinks as following screenshot shown, and with a VBA code, you can quickly replace the old file path or address in a worksheet with a new one.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module window.
VBA code: change multiple hyperlink paths at once
Sub ReplaceHyperlinks() 'Updateby Extendoffice Dim Ws As Worksheet Dim xHyperlink As Hyperlink Dim xOld As String, xNew As String xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set Ws = Application.ActiveSheet xOld = Application.InputBox("Old text:", xTitleId, "", Type:=2) xNew = Application.InputBox("New text:", xTitleId, "", Type:=2) Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each xHyperlink In Ws.Hyperlinks xHyperlink.Address = Replace(xHyperlink.Address, xOld, xNew) Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and a prompt box to let you input your old hyperlink address into the Old text box. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and another prompt box is popped out to remind you entering the new hyperlink address that you want to use.
5. And then click OK, all the same old hyperlink addresses have been replaced by the new one at once. See screenshots:
Change multiple hyperlink paths at once in a worksheet / workbook / multiple sheets / selection with an amazing feature
If you want to replace the hyperlink paths from a selection, multiple sheets, current workkook or multiple workbooks, how could you do? With Find and Replace feature of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly deal with this task.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Click Kutools > Navigation, see screenshot:
2. In the opened Navigation pane, click Find and replace tab, in the Find and Replace pane, click Replace tab, and then do the following operations:
- Enter the old hyperlink text that you want to find into the Find what text box, and then type the new hyperlink text that you want to replace with into the Replace with text box;
- Specify the scope where you want to find and replace the hyperlink path from the Within drop down list;
- Then, select Hyperlinks from the Look in drop down;
- At last, click Find All button, all corresponding cells that contains the specific hyperlink text have been listed into the bottom list box.
3. Then, click Replace All button, the old hyperlink paths have been changed to the new ones at once, see screenshot:
More relative articles:
- Extract Actual Addresses From Hyperlinks
- Supposing you have a range of cells which contain hyperlinks, and now you need to see the real destination of the hyperlinks and extract them from the hyperlinks as following screenshot shown. Are there any easy ways to solve this problem quickly?
- Convert Image URLs To Actual Images In Excel
- If you have a list of image URL addresses in column A, and now, you want to download the corresponding pictures from the URLs and display them into the adjacent column B as left screenshot shown. In Excel, how could you extract the actual pictures from the image URLs quickly and easily?
- Convert Url Text To Clickable Hyperlink In Excel
- Supposing you have multiple urls in your worksheet, but they are not linked, and now you need to convert all the unlinked urls to clickable hyperlinks, as following screenshots shown. Of course, you can double click them one by one to make them clickable, but this will be time consuming if there are lots of urls. How could you convert multiple unlinked urls to clickable hyperlinks automatically in Excel?
- Open A Specific Page Of PDF Document From Excel Hyperlink
- When you link a cell to a PDF file, normally, you will go to the first page of the PDF file when you click to open the hyperlink. If you need to directly jump to a specific page of the PDF file by clicking the hyperlink, this article may do you a favor.