How to count / sum odd / even numbers or rows in Excel?
If there are range of numbers in your worksheet which contain both odd numbers and even numbers, but now, you need to count or sum only the odd numbers or even numbers. How could you finish this task quickly in Excel worksheet?
Insert Blank Rows & Columns(insert multiple blank rows/columns at once, or insert blank rows/columns every nth row/col...)
Recommended Productivity Tools
To count only the even or odd numbers in a range, the following formulas can help you, please do as these:
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Click here to know Auto Text Click here to get free trial
1. In order to count the odd numbers only, enter this formula =SUMPRODUCT((MOD(A1:C8,2)<>0)+0) in a blank cell,, see screenshot:
2. Then press Enter key, and you will get the number of odd values in the selected range.
1. If you want to get the number of even values only, please apply this formula =SUMPRODUCT((MOD(A1:C8,2)=0)+0).
2. In above formulas, A1:C8 is the range that you want to count the odd or even numbers, you can change it as you need.
If you need to add up all the odd or even numbers only in a range, you can use the following formulas: normal formulas or array formulas.
1. Normal formulas for summing odd/even numbers in a range:
Please enter this formula =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:C8,2)=1),A1:C8) into a blank cell, see screenshot:
And then press Enter key, all the odd values have been added up in the range.
Notes：1.To sum only the even numbers, you can use this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:C8,2)=0),A1:C8).
2. In the above formulas, A1: C8 is the range you want to add up the odd / even numbers in.
2. Array formulas for summing odd/even numbers in a range
The following array formulas also can help you to deal with this problem.
In a blank cell, please type this formula =SUM(IF(MOD($A$1:$C$8,2)=1,$A$1:$C$8)), then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter keys together. And you will get the total of the odd numbers.
For summing the even numbers, please apply this array formula =SUM(IF(MOD($A$1:$C$8,2)=0,$A$1:$C$8)), and remember to press Ctrl+Shift+Enter keys.
Sometimes, you need to sum a range of cells that locate in only even-numbered or odd-numbered rows. You can use formulas to solve it as well.
1. Supposing you have the following data, and now to sum odd rows in Column B, please input this formula =SUMPRODUCT(B2:B10,MOD(ROW(B2:B10)+0,2)) into a blank cell. See screenshot:
2. Then type Enter key, and all the values of odd rows have been added up.
1. To sum the even –numbered rows, please use this formula =SUMPRODUCT(B2:B10,MOD(ROW(B2:B10)+1,2)).
2. In the above formulas, B2:B10 is the range that you want to use, you can modify it as your need.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can quickly select the odd or even rows or column, then view the calculations in status bar.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the whole range of rows, and click Kutools > Select > Select Interval Rows & Columns. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popping dialog, check Rows or Columns as you need, and type 1 into both of textbox, uncheck Select entire rows. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, now all the odd rows are selected, and go to status bar, you can view the average, counting, and summing results.
Tip: If you want to count, average or sum even rows, just select all rows except first row, then apply Select Interval Rows & Columns.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...