How to make birthday reminder in Excel?
Maybe, there are thousands of staff in your enterprise, and on their birthday, you want to send them a birthday card with your wishes. And their name, birth and other details are list in a worksheet, how could you know whose birthday is today? And how can you make birthday reminder in Excel?
The following formula can give a mark for the persons whose birthday is today. You can deal with this problem with these steps:
1. Supposing you have the following information of your staff.
2. Please enter or copy this formula =IF(MONTH(B2)<>MONTH(TODAY())," ",IF(DAY(B2)<>DAY(TODAY())," ","Happy Birthday")) (B2 is the cell which contains birthday date, you can change it as you need) into a blank cell C2, for instance.
3. Then press Enter key, then select the cell C2 and drag the fill handle to the range that you want to apply this formula. If the date meet the criteria, it will display Happy Birthday in the cell, but if doesn’t meet the criteria, it will display a blank cell. See screenshot:
Note: This formula is dynamic, the result will be changed as the time changes, so you can quickly view whose birthday is today.
Instead of using the above formula, you can also apply Conditional Formatting to highlight the birthday dates of today in column B.
1. Select all the dates in column B.
2. Then click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule, see screenshot:
3. And in the New Formatting Rule dialog, click Use a formula to determine which cells to format option under the Select a Rule Type section, and then input this formula =(MONTH(TODAY())=MONTH(B2))*(DAY(TODAY())=DAY(B2)) into the Format values where this formula is true field. (B2 is the first active cell of your date range ) See screenshot:
4. Then click Format button to go to the Format Cells dialog, and click Fill tab, then choose one color that you like.
5. And then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and the birthday date is today are highlighted as follows:
Note: This Conditional Formatting is also a dynamic way, the result will be changed as the time changes, so you can quickly view whose birthday is today.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!