How to combine date and time into one cell in Excel?
Combine date and time with formula in Excel
Combine date and time with Kutools for Excel
There is a very simple formula that can quickly help you combine date column and time column into one.
Type this formula =TEXT(A2,"m/dd/yy ")&TEXT(B2,"hh:mm:ss") (A2 indicates the first data in date column, B2 stands the first data in time column, you can change them as you need) into a blank cell, and press Enter key, then drag the fill handle to fill the range you want to use this formula. See screenshot:
Tip: You also can use this formula =A2+B2 and then format the result cells as date and time formatting.
With above formula, you may lost the formula result when you edit the worksheet. Now I introduce a Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data utility of Kutools for Excel for you to directly combine the data and time cells into one. If you like to try new handy tool, you can download it to have a try.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the dates and times you want to combine, and click Kutools > Merge & Split > Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data. See screenshot:
2. In the popping dialog, specify the setting:
(2) Select a separator to separate the combined data, you can choose Space, Nothing or type the separator you need into the textbox,
(3) Place the result to : Left cell or Right cell,
(4) Specify the options about the combined cells, Keep contents of combined cells, Delete contents of combined cells, Merge the combined cells。
3. Click Ok. And then you need to format the cells as date and time format.
This operation supports Undo.
The result cells needed to be formatted as mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss formatting in Format Cells dialog.
Easily Combine multiple sheets/Workbook into one Single sheet or Workbook
|To combinne multiples sheets or workbooks into one sheet or workbook may be edious in Excel, but with the Combine function in Kutools for Excel, you can combine merge dozens of sheets/workbooks into one sheet or workbook, also, you can consolidate the sheets into one by several clicks only. Click for full-featured 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|