How to combine date and time into one cell in Excel?
Combine date and time with formula in Excel
There is a very simple formula that can quickly help you combine date column and time column into one.
Type this formula =TEXT(A2,"m/dd/yy ")&TEXT(B2,"hh:mm:ss") (A2 indicates the first data in date column, B2 stands the first data in time column, you can change them as you need) into a blank cell, and press Enter key, then drag the fill handle to fill the range you want to use this formula. See screenshot:
Tip: You also can use this formula =A2+B2 and then format the result cells as date and time formatting.
Combine date and time with Kutools for Excel
With above formula, you may lost the formula result when you edit the worksheet. Now I introduce a Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data utility of Kutools for Excel for you to directly combine the data and time cells into one. If you like to try new handy tool, you can download it to have a try.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the dates and times you want to combine, and click Kutools > Merge & Split > Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data. See screenshot:
2. In the popping dialog, specify the setting:
(1) Check Combine columns under To combine selected cells according to following options (If your dates and times are place into two rows, you can check Combine rows),
(2) Select a separator to separate the combined data, you can choose Space, Nothing or type the separator you need into the textbox,
(3) Place the result to : Left cell or Right cell,
(4) Specify the options about the combined cells, Keep contents of combined cells, Delete contents of combined cells, Merge the combined cells。
3. Click Ok. And then you need to format the cells as date and time format.
Keep contents of combined cells
Delete contents of combined cells
Merge the combined cells
This operation supports Undo.
The result cells needed to be formatted as mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss formatting in Format Cells dialog.
Combine Date and Time into One Cell
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!