How to quickly delete all named ranges in Excel?
Assuming you have created lots of named ranges in your workbook, but now, you needn’t theses named ranges any more, how could you remove all of the named ranges at once in Excel?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
In the Name Manager dialog box, you can create, edit and delete the named ranges as you want. Please do as this:
1. Go to the Name Manager by clicking Formula > Name Manager, see screenshot:
2. In the Name Manager dialog, press Shift key to select all the named ranges or hold the Ctrl key to select the ones that you don't need, see screenshot:
3. And then click Delete button at the top of the dialog, and a prompt box will appear to remind you if you are sure to delete the names.
4. Then click OK, all the named ranges have been deleted at once.
The following short VBA code also can help you to remove all the named ranges in the workbook.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Delete all named ranges in Excel
Sub DeleteNames() 'Update 20140314 Dim xName As Name For Each xName In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Names xName.Delete Next End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, all names in the workbook will be removed immediately.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...