How to add axis label to chart in Excel?
In Excel, we always create charts to make the data clear and visual. And if we add axis labels to the chart may make other people much more easily understand our data. But, how could we add axis label to chart in Excel? In fact, labelling the axis for chart only takes a few minutes.
If you are using Excel 2010/2007, you can insert the axis label into the chart with following steps:
1. Select the chart that you want to add axis label.
2. Navigate to Chart Tools Layout tab, and then click Axis Titles, see screenshot:
3. You can insert the horizontal axis label by clicking Primary Horizontal Axis Title under the Axis Title drop down, then click Title Below Axis, and a text box will appear at the bottom of the chart, then you can edit and input your title as following screenshots shown.
4. If you want to add vertical axis label, please click Primary Vertical Axis Title under the Axis Title drop down, and choose one format of the title you like, then enter the label text. See screenshots:
In Excel 2013, you should do as this:
1. Click to select the chart that you want to insert axis label.
2. Then click the Charts Elements button located the upper-right corner of the chart. In the expanded menu, check Axis Titles option, see screenshot:
3. And both the horizontal and vertical axis text boxes have been added to the chart, then click each of the axis text boxes and enter your own axis labels for X axis and Y axis separately.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)