How to add axis label to chart in Excel?
In Excel, we always create charts to make the data clear and visual. And if we add axis labels to the chart may make other people much more easily understand our data. But, how could we add axis label to chart in Excel? In fact, labelling the axis for chart only takes a few minutes.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If you are using Excel 2010/2007, you can insert the axis label into the chart with following steps:
1. Select the chart that you want to add axis label.
2. Navigate to Chart Tools Layout tab, and then click Axis Titles, see screenshot:
3. You can insert the horizontal axis label by clicking Primary Horizontal Axis Title under the Axis Title drop down, then click Title Below Axis, and a text box will appear at the bottom of the chart, then you can edit and input your title as following screenshots shown.
4. If you want to add vertical axis label, please click Primary Vertical Axis Title under the Axis Title drop down, and choose one format of the title you like, then enter the label text. See screenshots:
In Excel 2013, you should do as this:
1. Click to select the chart that you want to insert axis label.
2. Then click the Charts Elements button located the upper-right corner of the chart. In the expanded menu, check Axis Titles option, see screenshot:
3. And both the horizontal and vertical axis text boxes have been added to the chart, then click each of the axis text boxes and enter your own axis labels for X axis and Y axis separately.