How to print embedded charts only in Excel?
In Excel，when you print the embedded charts in a worksheet, the cell contents will be print as well. But, sometimes, you just need to print the charts only, how could you do? In this tutorial, I will talk about the quick tricks for you to solve this task.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, you can print only the charts by selecting one chart and then apply the Print function, please do as this:
1. Go to your worksheet which has the charts you want to print.
2. Click and select the chart, and then go to click File > Print, and you can view the print result from the Preview Pane. See screenshot:
3. Then click Print button, and only the selected chart will be printed.
Note: With this feature, you can just print only one chart at a time. If you have multiple charts to be printed, you should repeat the above steps to print them one by one.
Selecting the charts and printing time and time again is very tedious and time-consuming if there are lots of charts to be printed, the following VBA code can help you to print all of the charts only in a worksheet at same time.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module window.
VBA code: Print embedded charts only at once in a worksheet
Sub PrintEmbeddedChartsinWORKSHEET() 'Update 20140326 For xIndex = 1 To Application.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Count Application.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(xIndex).Select Application.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(xIndex).Activate Application.ActiveChart.PrintOut Copies:=1 Next End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, all of the embedded charts in current worksheet will be printed and each chart will be on a separate page.