How to print embedded charts only in Excel?
In Excel，when you print the embedded charts in a worksheet, the cell contents will be print as well. But, sometimes, you just need to print the charts only, how could you do? In this tutorial, I will talk about the quick tricks for you to solve this task.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
In Excel, you can print only the charts by selecting one chart and then apply the Print function, please do as this:
1. Go to your worksheet which has the charts you want to print.
2. Click and select the chart, and then go to click File > Print, and you can view the print result from the Preview Pane. See screenshot:
3. Then click Print button, and only the selected chart will be printed.
Note: With this feature, you can just print only one chart at a time. If you have multiple charts to be printed, you should repeat the above steps to print them one by one.
Selecting the charts and printing time and time again is very tedious and time-consuming if there are lots of charts to be printed, the following VBA code can help you to print all of the charts only in a worksheet at same time.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module window.
VBA code: Print embedded charts only at once in a worksheet
Sub PrintEmbeddedChartsinWORKSHEET() 'Update 20140326 For xIndex = 1 To Application.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Count Application.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(xIndex).Select Application.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(xIndex).Activate Application.ActiveChart.PrintOut Copies:=1 Next End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, all of the embedded charts in current worksheet will be printed and each chart will be on a separate page.