How to extract text between two words in Excel?
For instance, you have a list of values showed as below, and you just want to extract the text string between two words of "KTE" and "feature", there are any good ways to solve it? Here I introduce some tricky ways for you to extract the text between two specified words in Excel.
You may interest in
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, you can using a formula to extract text between two words by doing as follow:
1. Select a blank cell and type this formula =MID(A1,SEARCH("KTE",A1)+3,SEARCH("feature",A1)-SEARCH("KTE",A1)-4) into it , then press Enter button.
2. Drag the fill handle to fill the range you want to apply this formula. Now the text strings between "KTE" and "feature" are extracted only.
1. In this formula, A1 is the cell you want to extract text from.
2. KTE and feature are the words you want to extract text between.
3. The number 3 is the characters length of KTE, and number 4 is equal to the characters length of KTE plus one.
If the text you want to extract locates between the first and last words in cell and they are separated by spaces as below screenshot shown. The Extract Text utility of Kutools for Excel can help you.
1. Select the range with text strings you want to extract between two words, and then click Kutools > Text > Extract Text. See screenshot:
2. In the Extract Text dialog box, you need to:
(2) Click the Add key to add the extracted rule to the list.
(3) Click the OK button.
3. In the second Extract Text dialog box, select a blank cell for locating the extracted string, and then click the OK button.
Now all texts between specified two words KTE and feature in selected range are extracted.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!