How to extract text between two words in Excel?
For instance, you have a list of values showed as below, and you just want to extract the text string between two words of "KTE" and "feature", there are any good ways to solve it? Here I introduce some tricky ways for you to extract the text between two specified words in Excel.
You may interest in
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
In Excel, you can using a formula to extract text between two words by doing as follow:
1. Select a blank cell and type this formula =MID(A1,SEARCH("KTE",A1)+3,SEARCH("feature",A1)-SEARCH("KTE",A1)-4) into it , then press Enter button.
2. Drag the fill handle to fill the range you want to apply this formula. Now the text strings between "KTE" and "feature" are extracted only.
1. In this formula, A1 is the cell you want to extract text from.
2. KTE and feature are the words you want to extract text between.
3. The number 3 is the characters length of KTE, and number 4 is equal to the characters length of KTE plus one.
If the text you want to extract locates between the first and last words in cell and they are separated by spaces as below screenshot shown. The Extract Text utility of Kutools for Excel can help you.
1. Select the range with text strings you want to extract between two words, and then click Kutools > Text > Extract Text. See screenshot:
2. In the Extract Text dialog box, you need to:
(2) Click the Add key to add the extracted rule to the list.
(3) Click the OK button.
3. In the second Extract Text dialog box, select a blank cell for locating the extracted string, and then click the OK button.
Now all texts between specified two words KTE and feature in selected range are extracted.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!