How to sum values between two dates in Excel?
When there are two lists in your worksheet as right screenshot shown, one is the list of dates, the other is the list of the values. And you want to sum up the values between two dates range only, for instance, sum up the values between 3/4/2014 and 5/10/2014, how can you calculate them quickly? Now, I introduce a formula for you to sum up them in Excel.
Sum values between two dates with formula in Excel
Fortunately, there is a formula that can sum up the values between two dates range in Excel.
Select a blank cell and type into below formula, and press Enter button. And now you will get the calculating result. See screenshot:
Note: In above formula,
- D3:D22 is the value list you will sum up
- B3:B22 is the date list you will sum based on
- G3 is the cell with start date
- G4 is the cell with end date
||Formula is too complicated to remember? Save the formula as an Auto Text entry for reusing with only one click in future!
Read more… Free trial
Easily sum data in every fiscal year, every half year, or every week in Excel
The PivotTable Special Time Grouping feature, provided by Kutools for Excel, is able to add a helper column to calculate the fiscal year, half year, week number, or day of week based on the specified date column, and let you easily count, sum, or average columns based on the calculated results in a new Pivot Table.
Full Feature Free Trial
Kutools for Excel - Includes more than
300 handy tools for Excel. Full feature free trial
30-day, no credit card required! Get It Now
Sum values between two dates with filter in Excel
If you need to sum values between two dates, and the date range changes frequently, you can add filter for the certain range, and then use the SUBTOTAL function to sum between the specified date range in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell, enter below formula, and press the Enter key.
Note: In above formula, 109 means sum filtered values, D3:D22 indicates the value list you will sum up.
2. Select the range title, and add filter by clicking Data > Filter.
3. Click the filter icon in the Date column header, and select Date Filters > Between. In the Custom AutoFilter dialog, type the start date and end date as you need, and click the OK button. The total value will change automatically based on filtered values.
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!