- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoTeam, please respond on this
How to find first / last day or working day of a month in Excel?
Do you know how to find the first or last day and the first or last working day of a given month date in a worksheet? For example, I have a date 2014/5/21, and now I want to know the first and last day of this month, that is 2014/5/1 and 2014/5/31, to get the first business day is 2014/5/1 and the last business day is 2014/5/30. This article will describe how to extract the first or last day and first or last working day in Excel of a given month.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To return the first day of a month, you can use this Date function, please do as these:
1. Enter this formula =DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1),1) into a blank cell (B1 contains the date that you want to use), see screenshot:
2. And press Enter key, you will get the first day of this month.
Note: In order to get the last day of this month, you need to apply this formula: =DATE(YEAR(B1),1+MONTH(B1),1)-1, see screenshots:
In certain situation, you may want to know which day is the first or last business day of a given month date, and the following formulas can help you quickly calculate the results as you need.
1. To return the first working day of a month:
Apply this formula: =WORKDAY(DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1),1)-1,1) into a blank cell (B1 has the date that you want to use), and then press Enter key, the date of first working day will be calculated. See screenshots:
2.To return the last working day of a month:
Please enter this formula: =WORKDAY(DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+1,1),-1) to extract the last working days of a given month date, see screenshots:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agowhat if we have two days off (Friday & Saturday) first working day is Sunday and last is Thursday