How to convert scientific notation to text or number in Excel?
Generally speaking, when you enter the number which length is longer than 11 digits, Excel will convert it to scientific notation automatically. And these scientific notations are very annoying, so you want to convert them to normal numbers as left screenshots shown. How could you solve this task in Excel?
Convert scientific notation to normal numbers:
With Kutools for Excel's Convert Between Text and Number feature, you can quickly convert all selected numbers to text format values and vice versa.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
Before you enter the numbers, you can type a single quote ’ first, and the numbers will not become the scientific notation, see the following screenshots:
If you have a lot of numbers which are displayed as the scientific notation, and you are tired of entering them repeatedly with the above method, you can convert them with the Format Cells function in Excel.
1. Select the data range that you want to convert.
2. Right click, and choose Format Cells from the context menu, see screenshot:
3. In the Format Cells dialog, under the Number tab, click Custom from the Category list box, input the number 0 into the Type box, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK button, and the cell numbers which displayed as scientific notation have been converted to normal numbers.
The following formulas also can help you to convert the list of scientific notation to text.
1. Please enter this formula: =trim(A1) into a blank cell, B1 for instance, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle over to the range that you want to apply this formula, and you will get the result as you want:
Note: This UPPER function: =UPPER(A1) also can help you, please apply any one as you like.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, you can use the Convert between Text and Number feature to finish this job.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Highlight the data range that you want to convert.
2. Click Kutools > Content > Convert between Text and Number, see screenshot:
3. In the Convert between Text and Number dialog box, check Number to text option, and then click OK or Apply button, the numbers displayed as scientific notation have been converted to normal numbers in the original range. See screenshot:
If the length of your number is longer than 15 digits, it will not be converted to the complete numbers as you need. You just need to type the single quote before your input number or format your selected range as Text format in the Format Cells dialog box before you entering the numbers.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...